- MEEM 925
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics
- PhD, Aeronautics and Astronautics, Purdue University
- MS, Aeronautics and Astronautics, Purdue University
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Pune
Dr. Sharma joined the department of Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics as an Associate Professor in August 2023. Prior to joining Michigan Tech, he was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Aerospace Engineering at Wichita State University. His overall research our goal is to make engineering structures safer, quieter, and more efficient. To achieve this, his research mission is to create new knowledge and address technology challenges at the intersection of structural mechanics, dynamics, and acoustics. At one end, his research focuses on understanding the fundamental mechanics of novel engineered material systems such as acoustic metamaterials, phononic structures, architected lattice structures, and stochastic foams. At the other end of the spectrum, his group focuses on translating this knowledge to create performance-tailored solutions to critical engineering problems across various industries.
Links of Interest
- Acoustic and Elastic Metamaterials
- Cellular Structures
- Advanced and Additive Manufacturing
- Vibration and Modal Analysis
- Elastic Wave Propagation
- Multiphysics Modeling
- Inflatable Structures
Dr. Sharma’s teaching focuses on inculcating a creative, inquisitive, and entrepreneurial mindset in students and providing them a methodical framework for discipline-independent problem solving.