Chapter 9: Use
University owned property may be released to official student groups, registered with the Office of Student Affairs, for special project use. Capital equipment released to a student group must be reported to Financial Services and Operations prior to physical transfer.
Authorization to release property to a student group is given by the department chair or director, with the following conditions:
- The student project must be associated with the University.
- The equipment is not inherently hazardous or dangerous.
- The equipment is not needed during the period of the requested release.
- The intended use will not appreciably diminish the value, condition, or utility of the equipment.
- The intended use is not for personal profit, or for a purpose in conflict or competition with University operations or objectives.
- The requesting student group guarantees prompt return of the equipment, and accepts responsibility for the proper care and use of the equipment.
- The student group may be responsible for repair or replacement due to damage or loss of the equipment.