General and Auxiliary Accounting
Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
Internet and/or cell phone services are reimbursed through a monthly allowance program to authorized employees, with approval from their department chair or director. Service contracts are in the employee’s name, and devices are personally owned.
The inquiries search page provides links to web search tools: Account Code/Account Pool Search, Campus Bookstore/University Images IB Receipts, Commodity Code Search, Vendor Search, and Ship-To Address Search.
Budget Checking Flowcharts
Special Fees and Use Charges
The special fees and use charges policies and procedure relate to applications for lab/equipment/facility use rates.
Highlights of the Policies and Procedures
- A use fee is not required.
- A use fee is a method of recovering the costs of operating a lab/equipment/facility.
- The use fee will be based on actual revenue and expenses for the most recent two fiscal years and actual use from the logbooks.
- A use fee will only be approved if $5,000 of revenue is estimated for new fee requests or is generated for existing use fees in one of the two previous fiscal years.
- In order to achieve this $5,000 threshold, equipment may be grouped.
- An allowable fiscal year end balance of plus or minus 5 percent of revenue is permitted.
- All users must be charged the same fee. Departments may choose to subsidize use.
- Certain costs associated with the lab/equipment/facility may not be allowable in the rate calculation.
- A percentage of each use charge dollar is returned to a corresponding use index (D99xxx) in the form of overhead return.
- Extraordinary expenses may be amortized over four years.
- Logbooks must include all use and be retained for seven years.
- Monthly billings (IBs) should be prepared.
Michigan Tech Dining Gift Card Purchasing/Redemption
You can purchase or use a Michigan Tech Dining Gift Card at the following locations: