PhD Student Procedures
Please read this general overview of tasks you will need to complete by semester:
- First Semester
- Choose an advisor.
- Complete a tentative degree schedule and prepare for the PhD Qualifying Exam.
- Submit final official transcripts to the graduate school showing proof of your previous degree (if not from Michigan Tech or unless done previously).
- Fill out Patent, Research and Proprietary Rights form.
- Register for second semester courses.
- Future Semesters
- Begin your dissertation/thesis/report.
- This will be the most challenging document you have ever planned, organized, and written.
- It must be text-book perfect.
- Follow the Graduate School guidelines.
- Follow department and advisor guidelines.
- Use consistent notations, equation editor, and professional graphics.
- Research good examples from past students.