- 121 Academic Offices Building
Professor of Economics, School of Business and Economics
- PhD in Mineral Economics, University of Arizona
- MS in Mineral Economics, University of Arizona
- BS in Mining Engineering, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
The blending of technology, economic evaluation, and econometric analysis forms the core of my teaching and research activities. I apply my background in mineral resource technology to the economic issues of the natural resource industries including economic decision analysis, studies of the demand for minerals, environmental issues, and energy supply and demand. My current research includes the analysis of cycles in metal, energy and commodity prices, the comparison of commodity prices cycles with business cycles, environmental consequences of mineral extraction, and (at a personal level) the implementation of alternative energy.
- Energy Economics
- Engineering Economy
- Economic Decision Analysis
- Metal, Energy, and Commodity Price Cycles
- Business and Commodity Cycles
- Energy Economics
- Implementation of Alternative Energy
- Natural Resource Industries and the Environment
- Roberts, M. C., Nelson, P. A., Gale, J. R. (2011). Roberts, M. C. (Ed.), "Economic Decision Analysis, Fourth Edition, 2011," ( pp. 228) . Boston, MA: Pearson Custom Publishing.
- Campbell, G. A., Roberts, M. C. (2010). Philip Maxwell (Ed.), "Permitting a New Mine: Insights from the Community Debate," Resources Policy (vol. 35, # 3, pp. 210-217) . Amsterdam: Read More
- Trenton, J., Roberts, M. C. (2010). Roberts, M. C. (Ed.), "Projects shine light on solar power," Traverse City Record-Eagle. Traverse City, MI: Traverse City Record-Eagle.
- Roberts, M. C. (2009). "Synchronization and Co-Movement of Metal Prices," Minerals and Energy: Raw Materials Reports (3rd ed., vol. 23, pp. 105-118). London: Routledge.
- Roberts, M. C. (2009). "Duration and Characteristics of Metal Price Cycles," Resources Policy (vol. 34, pp. 87-102). Amsterdam: Elsevier.
- Barrett, R., Roberts, M. C. (2007). Roberts, M. C. (Ed.), Milwaukee manufacturers command world market for huge mining machines Milwaukee, WI: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Online.