Plan. Design. Build.
Build steel bridges, concrete canoes, and a career in a program ranked No. 30 out of 209 programs nationwide.
As a kid, did you love nothing more than to build masterpieces with Legos and building blocks? If so, civil engineering just may be your crazy-smart calling. Michigan Tech’s program is perfect for students who want to learn how to plan, design, build, and manage the facilities that are essential to society. You’ll earn your degree by doing extensive hands-on lab work with state-of-the-art equipment—we feature some of the best in the nation.
Work with indigenous communities. Design river crossings and water systems. Experiment with civil engineering materials and advanced technologies in the pilot-scale environmental simulation lab.
Get hands-on experience like:
- Designing building, and racing an award-winning concrete canoe for a national competition
- Using state-of-the-art equipment for lab assignments, research, and projects
- Conducting your own Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) program
- Making concrete bridge deck assessment fast and portable
- Participating in the innovative Rail Transportation Program where you’ll take a five-week railroad course, including three weeks in Finland.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Civil Engineering
- Project Management
- Structural Engineering
- Pipeline Engineering
- Quality Assurance Engineering
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Kiewit Infrastructure
- Michigan Department of Transportation
- Norfolk Naval Shipyard
- Miron Construction
Customize your degree:
Focus areas are available in
- Environmental engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Structural engineering
- Water resources
Minors are available in
- Municipal Engineering
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take courses like:
- Sustainability and Civil Engineering Practice
- Structural Analysis
- Transportation Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Soil Mechanics