The School of Business and Economics Impact Scholarship recognizes Michigan high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership experience and academic success both in and outside the classroom, and are planning to major in accounting, economics, engineering management, finance, management, management information systems, or marketing.
Award value: One student will be awarded an annual scholarship equivalent to regular full-time tuition. Additional students will receive scholarships valued up to $7,000 per year. The awards are renewable for four years (eight semesters) of study.
Essay response: Write a one-page (300 word) essay or record and share a short video response—up to three minutes long—of you personally addressing the following topic: "Studying business at a technological university provides students with unique opportunities to bridge the world of business with technology. How do you view the role of business, innovation, and technology as it relates to your career goals?"
Who Should Apply
Academically talented Michigan high school seniors who are planning to major in accounting, economics, engineering management, finance, management, management information systems, or marketing are encouraged to apply. Students should be able to showcase leadership skills and experience as well as demonstrate the potential to succeed at Michigan Tech. In general, applicants should meet the following academic guidelines:
- 3.00 or higher cumulative GPA at time of application (on a 4.00 scale)
- ACT composite score of 23 or higher or a new SAT total score of 1140 or higher
How to Apply
- Complete the free online application for admission.
- Complete the Impact Scholarship application form.
- We’ve partnered with ZeeMee to help you bring your application to life—it’s free and simple to use. You will need to provide your personal ZeeMee URL on the Impact Scholarship application form.
- To submit a video response, record your 1-3 minute video and upload it to the My Story section on ZeeMee.
- If you'd rather submit a written essay, create an activity section in ZeeMee and upload a PDF document there. A My Story video is not required if you submit a written essay.
- Feel free to share other information on your ZeeMee profile—we’re excited to get to know you!
Application Deadline and Other Important Dates
- December 15, 2016: Impact Scholar applications, including your ZeeMee URL, are due by 11:59 p.m. (eastern time). You must also have an application for admission on file by this date.
- December 21: Finalists are selected and notified; applicants not selected as finalists will also be notified.
- February 6, 2017: On-campus competition for finalists and family members .
- February 28: Award recipients are notified.
What We Are Looking For
The scholarship committee is interested in getting to know you. Students will be evaluated on the content highlighted in their essay response, as well as on the way the information is conveyed. We want to get to know more about you how you see Michigan Tech contributing to your future success on campus and beyond.
Additional Scholarship Details
See our Financial Aid Impact Scholarship page for additional details.
If you have questions regarding the School of Business and Economics Impact Scholarship, contact Sara Pingel at 906-487-3501, or email email@example.com.