Teacher and Counselor Visit Program
The best way to share Michigan Tech with your students—and learn more about us in the process—is to see campus for yourself. We have a visit program especially for high school teachers and counselors.
The package includes:
- Free lodging at a local hotel for up to two nights.
- A Michigan Tech campus tour—check out our labs, classrooms, and residence halls, and see for yourself why we’ve got the seventh highest starting salary in the country.
- Complimentary lunch in the residence halls (for participants on the morning tour only).
- VIP passes for everyone in your group. Depending on the time of year you visit, you’ll enjoy the following—at no cost—during your stay:
- Athletic facility featuring indoor tennis, racquetball, swimming, weight room, and more.
- Portage Lake Golf Course—bring your clubs and enjoy nine holes on us. Carts and clubs are available for rent.
- Mont Ripley Ski Hill—ski or snowboard Michigan Tech’s own ski hill overlooking the Keweenaw Waterway.
- Gates Tennis Center—bring your racquet and tennis balls and play for an hour.
- Michigan Tech Trails—run, mountain bike, hike, snowshoe, or cross-country ski our very own recreational trails.
- A.E. Seaman Mineral Museum—the state’s official mineralogical museum.
- Visual and Performing Arts—Michigan Tech students perform jazz, symphony, choral, and theatre during the academic year.
- Michigan Tech athletic events—cheer on the Huskies during NCAA action.
This special offer is only available for high school teachers and counselors. Contact the admissions staff at 888-688-1885 at least two weeks in advance. Campus tours are available weekdays at 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.