Develop leaders and technologies for 21st century rail transportation.
Participate in the development of rail transportation and related engineering skills for the 21st century through an interdisciplinary and collaborative program that aligns Michigan Tech Faculty and Students with the demands of the industry.
Sponsors and Partners
The Rail Transportation Program (RTP) at Michigan Tech collaborates closely with industry companies, associations and alumni.
Our partners and other industry companies support our programming in many ways.
- Offering guest lecturers and/or presentations
- Making donation(s) to the $1,000 Michigan Tech Alumni AREMA Scholarships
- Providing guest lecturer(s) at REAC organized events
- Contributing towards internal scholarship awards
- Participating in our Strategic Internships in Railroads (SIR) program
- Creating resources such as the CN Rail Transportation Education Center (CNRTEC)
- Supporting student projects and research
- Supporting faculty projects and research
- Participating in Rail Day/Expo and Rail Night
The RTP is actively working to increase industry commitment to our program. RTP believes that collaboration with industry is an essential part of our program and we are continuously looking for opportunities to expand the collaboration. If you/your company are interested in partnership/sponsoring opportunities, contact David Nelson at email@example.com or Pasi Lautala at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss opportunities to become a sponsor or partner, and for other opportunities to support the Rail Transportation Program.
Railroad Engineering and Activities Club (REAC)
As a student chapter of the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance of Way Association (AREMA), REAC provides its members with a means of exploring the railroad industry through, field trips, scholarships, and networking opportunities with corporations for future careers. It is open to students from all majors and backgrounds.