Each year we have about 150 undergraduate and graduate students who volunteer their time to help with Mind Trekkers events. We even have a highly dedicated group of students who serve as our student organization Executive Board (Eboard). They put in many hours of hard work helping to plan and run events, fix broken demonstrations, update lesson plans, recruit members and coordinate the student organization's activities and local events.
- Assistant Director
- BA, Graphic Communications, Northern Michigan University
- Amanda is a Upper Peninsula native who attended Hancock High School and received a Bachelor’s degree from Northern Michigan University in Graphic Communications. She joined the Pre-College Outreach team in 2015 and is actively involved in the greater community. This includes a role in the launch and success of the Keweenaw Young Professionals and she is currently serving on the UP Health Systems-Portage Board of Trustees and the City of Hancock Recreation Commission. She also enjoys volunteering with the Community Action Agency and the Western U.P. Food Bank where she offers her marketing and grant writing skills and assists with food distributions and collecting weekly donations.
- Coordinator, Mind Trekkers
- Master of Business Administration, Michigan Technological University
- BS, Biomedical Engineering, Michigan Technological University
- Jannah is a Michigan Tech graduate who was involved with Mind Trekkers throughout her time as a student and is passionate about seeing the organization grow as the Coordinator. In her free time, Jannah enjoys cooking and spending time with her family and friends.
- Assistant Director
- BS, Mathematical Sciences & Social Sciences, Michigan Technological University
- EdM, Education Leadership, Organization, & Policy, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Proud Huskies alumna ('12).
- Liz's work at the Center for Pre-College Outreach has included coordinating Summer Youth Programs, managing local outreach events, administering the GEAR UP grant, and traveling with Mind Trekkers across the country.
- Actively involved in both Michigan Tech and the greater community, including as a board member of the Keweenaw Waterway Lighthouse Conservancy.
- She is an avid reader, podcast listener, and board game enthusiast. Liz also enjoys vegetable gardening, mountain biking, hiking, running, and keeping backyard chickens.
- Director, Center for Pre-College Outreach
Driven by relationships and a vision where every student has the right to a robust, authentic, immersive education experience, Cody has worked in higher education since 2008. In addition to leading the Center for Pre-College Outreach, he serves as Michigan Tech liaison to numerous industry partners, including Dow, Bosch, 3M and Boston Scientific. Cody serves on numerous institutional committees, including as a Logistics Section Chief of Incident Command, and represents the university on the Michigan College Access Higher Education Advisory Board. The proud husband and father of two girls, spends his free time enjoying new coffee and traveling with his family.
- BS, Medical Laboratory Science, Michigan Technological University
- Lauren is a Michigan Tech graduate who discovered her passion in working with STEM promotion during her summers with the Center for Pre-College Outreach's Summer Youth Programs. In her free time she enjoys hiking, reading, and traveling.
- Administrative Aide
- BS, English and Art, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- Rose worked for 17 years in the banking and investment industry. She joined the CPCO staff in 2001. She has three grown children and enjoys all wilderness activities, reading, travel, and perennial gardening.