Each year we have about 150 undergraduate and graduate students who volunteer their time to help with Mind Trekkers events. We even have a highly dedicated group of students who serve as our student organization Executive Board (Eboard). They put in many hours of hard work helping to plan and run events, fix broken demonstrations, update lesson plans, recruit members and coordinate the student organization's activities and local events.
- Assistant Director
- BA, Graphic Communications, Northern Michigan University
- Amanda is a Upper Peninsula native who attended Hancock High School and received a Bachelor’s degree from Northern Michigan University in Graphic Communications. She joined the Pre-College Outreach team in 2015 and is actively involved in the greater community. This includes a role in the launch and success of the Keweenaw Young Professionals and she is currently serving on the UP Health Systems-Portage Board of Trustees and the City of Hancock Recreation Commission. She also enjoys volunteering with the Community Action Agency and the Western U.P. Food Bank where she offers her marketing and grant writing skills and assists with food distributions and collecting weekly donations.
- Coordinator, Mind Trekkers
- Master of Business Administration, Michigan Technological University
- BS, Biomedical Engineering, Michigan Technological University
- Jannah is a Michigan Tech graduate who was involved with Mind Trekkers throughout her time as a student and is passionate about seeing the organization grow as the Coordinator. In her free time, Jannah enjoys cooking and spending time with her family and friends.
- BS, Medical Laboratory Science, Michigan Technological University
- Lauren is a Michigan Tech graduate who discovered her passion in working with STEM promotion during her summers with the Center for Pre-College Outreach's Summer Youth Programs. In her free time she enjoys hiking, reading, and traveling.
- Administrative Aide
- BS, English and Art, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- Rose worked for 17 years in the banking and investment industry. She joined the CPCO staff in 2001. She has three grown children and enjoys all wilderness activities, reading, travel, and perennial gardening.