Industry Relations Team
- Director of Federal Relations & Corporate Research
- Chief federal relations officer for the University.
- Build and maintain relationships with key legislative branch and executive branch officials, their staff members, and higher education and other policy advocates and associations.
- Develops and implements research strategies for engaging agencies, companies, and organizations.
Great Lakes Research Center
- Assistant Director, Business & Program Development
- Great Lakes Research Center
- Facilitates partnerships that support Institute growth
- Directs the development and distribution of outreach material to external partners
- Oversees administrative operations
Keweenaw Research Center & Clean Snowmobile Challenge
- Assistant Director of Industry Sponsored Programs
- Leads opportunity engagement with industry partners for sponsored programs at the University, including Clean Snowmobile Challenge and Mind Trekkers
- Develops external prospects for Keweenaw Research Center research and testing
- Identifies industrial support for sponsored research
Richard J. Berkey
- Professor of Practice
- Director, The Enterprise Program
- Advisor, Supermileage Systems Enterprise
- Corporate/Industry Sponsorship
- Product Development
- Program Management
- Lean / Six Sigma / Design for Six Sigma Methodologies
Research Development & Foundation Relations
Peter A. Larsen
- Director, Research Development
- Enhancement of the research environment for external proposal success through networking/collaboration/information sharing events and related campus-wide efforts.
- Pre-submission assistance for proposals (federal, state, foundation, and others), in particular large and strategic university initiatives
- Assist investigators with internal research processes (e.g., cost sharing, budget strategy, research administration)
- Proposal development assistance: writing, editing, and assistance with submission logistics
- Development of non-technical proposal sections (e.g., broader impacts, education, management, and outreach plans.
For the academic year 2019-20, he dedicates research development support to the Institute of Computing and Cybersystems. ICC members can reach out to him directly for prioritized proposal support.
- When not in the office, can usually be found camping in the Keweenaw
- Assistant Director, Research Development
- Pre-submission assistance for federal and state sponsored proposals
- Proposal development—writing, editing, gathering required items for submission
- Student advising for development of external fellowship proposals, including NSF, GRFP, DOD SMART, and related programs
- Manage the proposal development process (coordinating milestones, internal deadlines, meetings, e-mail reminders, etc.)
- Support for early career faculty including assisting in finding funding opportunities, navigating processes at Michigan Tech, and developing white-papers and proposals
- Gets super excited about summer
- Director of Research Operations and Faculty Liaison
- Establish, manage, and market a public investment program for research initiatives
- Manage the University's space management system, ASPIRE
- Provide assistance to conceptualize plans and tactics for establishing and enhancing relations with sources of long-term support
- Develop and maintain websites, social media sites, and other marketing tools
- Oversee the coordination of VPR campus education
Technology Transfer and Innovation
- Manager of Agreements and Operations, Innovation & Commercialization
- Reviews, negotiates, and processes Non-Disclosure Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements
- Manages the University Trademark Program entailing the processing of license agreements with vendors to use university logos
- Administering legal matters (patents)
- Processes and manages license agreements with the university
- Information system management
- Director of Technology Commercialization, Innovation & Commercialization
- Invention disclosure and portfolio management
- Commercial and intellectual property assessment for new technologies
- Technology marketing, commercialization planning, and licensing
Industrial Contracting and Student Design Contracts
- Director of Industry Sponsored Programs
- Administration of industrial sponsored research agreements, including negotiation practices, proposal and award processes, and contract language.
- Develop, review and approve budgets and proposals prior to submission to industrial sponsors, including those with federal pass-through funds.
- Review, interpret and negotiate agreement terms and conditions with industrial sponsors.
- Review, interpret and determine applicability of Federal Acquisition Regulations in federal pass-through awards.
- Provide post award support (eg. time extensions, changes in principal investigator, budget modifications, changes in project scope).