- Director for Advancement, College of Forest Resources and Environmental Sciences & College of Computing
- Corporate & Foundation Liaison
He is a 2-time Michigan Tech Alumnus - 1989 BS Electrical Engineering 2016 MBA
He worked for several companies before joining Michigan Tech and has worked in Career Services and Corporate Relations
He enjoys exploring the Waterfalls and hiking trails in the Keweenaw
- Director of Federal Relations & Corporate Research
- Chief federal relations officer for the University.
- Build and maintain relationships with key legislative branch and executive branch officials, their staff members, and higher education and other policy advocates and associations.
- Develops and implements research strategies for engaging agencies, companies, and organizations.
Great Lakes Research Center
- Assistant Director, Business & Program Development
- Great Lakes Research Center
- Facilitates partnerships that support Institute growth
- Directs the development and distribution of outreach material to external partners
- Oversees administrative operations
Keweenaw Research Center & Clean Snowmobile Challenge
- Assistant Director of Industry Sponsored Programs
- Leads opportunity engagement with industry partners for sponsored programs at the University, including Clean Snowmobile Challenge and Mind Trekkers
- Develops external prospects for Keweenaw Research Center research and testing
- Identifies industrial support for sponsored research
Richard J. Berkey
- Professor of Practice
- Director, The Enterprise Program
- Advisor, Supermileage Systems Enterprise
- Corporate/Industry Sponsorship
- Product Development
- Program Management
- Lean / Six Sigma / Design for Six Sigma Methodologies
Peter A. Larsen
- Director, Research Development
- Enhancement of the research environment for external proposal success through networking/collaboration/information sharing events and related campus-wide efforts.
- Pre-submission assistance for proposals (federal, state, foundation, and others), in particular large and strategic university initiatives
- Assist investigators with internal research processes (e.g., cost sharing, budget strategy, research administration)
- Proposal development assistance: writing, editing, and assistance with submission logistics
- Development of non-technical proposal sections (e.g., broader impacts, education, management, and outreach plans.
For the academic year 2019-20, he dedicates research development support to the Institute of Computing and Cybersystems. ICC members can reach out to him directly for prioritized proposal support.
- When not in the office, can usually be found camping in the Keweenaw
- Assistant Director, Research Development
- Pre-submission assistance for federal and state sponsored proposals
- Proposal development—writing, editing, gathering required items for submission
- Student advising for development of external fellowship proposals, including NSF, GRFP, DOD SMART, and related programs
- Manage the proposal development process (coordinating milestones, internal deadlines, meetings, e-mail reminders, etc.)
- Support for early career faculty including assisting in finding funding opportunities, navigating processes at Michigan Tech, and developing white-papers and proposals
- Gets super excited about summer
Technology Transfer and Innovation
- Manager of Agreements and Operations, Innovation & Commercialization
- Reviews, negotiates, and processes Non-Disclosure Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements
- Manages the University Trademark Program entailing the processing of license agreements with vendors to use university logos
- Administering legal matters (patents)
- Processes and manages license agreements with the university
- Information system management
- Director of Technology Commercialization, Innovation & Commercialization
- Invention disclosure and portfolio management
- Commercial and intellectual property assessment for new technologies
- Technology marketing, commercialization planning, and licensing
Industrial Contracting and Student Design Contracts
- Director of Industry Sponsored Programs
- Administration of industrial sponsored research agreements, including negotiation practices, proposal and award processes, and contract language.
- Develop, review and approve budgets and proposals prior to submission to industrial sponsors, including those with federal pass-through funds.
- Review, interpret and negotiate agreement terms and conditions with industrial sponsors.
- Review, interpret and determine applicability of Federal Acquisition Regulations in federal pass-through awards.
- Provide post award support (eg. time extensions, changes in principal investigator, budget modifications, changes in project scope).