- Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education
- Dean of the Pavlis Honors College
- Associate Professor, Humanities
- PhD, Pennsylvania State University
Dr. Marika Seigel joined Michigan Tech in 2005 as a faculty member in the department of Humanities. She received her BA in English from the University of Michigan in 1997 and her MA and PhD in English with a concentration in Rhetoric and Composition from Penn State University in 2002 and 2006, respectively. Her primary areas of research include educational innovation, writing program administration, and the rhetoric of health and medicine—particularly as it pertains to women's reproductive health and pregnancy. Before becoming Dean of the Pavlis Honors College and Associate Provost of Undergraduate Education, Dr. Seigel served as an Associate Professor in the Department of Humanities, as Director of the Composition Program, and as Educational Innovation Strategist for IDEAhub. As Educational Innovation Strategist, Dr. Seigel led the effort to develop a new General Education Program as part of the Tech Forward “Education for the 21st Century” initiative.
In addition to two books with the University of Chicago Press--The Rhetoric of Pregnancy, and Expecting: A Brief History of Pregnancy Advice--Dr. Seigel's work has appeared in scholarly journals such as College Composition and Communication, Rhetoric Review, Studies in Engineering Education, and Sustainability.
- Educational Innovation
- Rhetoric of Health and Medicine
- Writing Program Administration
- Facilitate implementation of Michigan Tech’s undergraduate curriculum
- Support ongoing growth in the Pavlis Honors College