- EERC 412
- Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering Technology
- Affiliated Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Concordia University, Canada, 2010
- MSc, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Concordia University, Canada, 2005
- BSc, Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Iran, 2003
Mohsen Azizi joined Michigan Tech in August 2013. He received his Ph.D. degree from Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, in 2010. From 2010 to 2013, he worked as a R&D engineer at Pratt & Whitney Canada Inc. and Aviya Tech Inc., Longueuil, Canada. Since 2012 he was an adjunct assistant professor at Concordia University. Dr. Azizi was the recipient of the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Postgraduate Scholarship Doctoral 2007-2010, and Fonds québécois de la recherche sur la nature et les technologies (FQRNT) Postdoctoral Fellowship from the Government of Quebec 2011-2012.
- Control systems and fault diagnosis techniques
- Power systems, microgrids, renewable energy systems
- Aerospace systems, unmanned vehicles, jet engines
- Industrial automation and mechatronic/robotic systems
- Industrial Control, Linear Control, Digital Signal Processing
- Robust Control, Nonlinear Control, Adaptive Control
- Decentralized Control of Large-Scale Systems
- Optimization Techniques
- N. Ashtiani, S.M. Azizi, and S. Ali Khajehoddin, “Control Design in μ-Synthesis Framework for Grid-Connected Inverters with Higher Order Filters”, IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), 2016.
- S.M. Azizi and S. Ali Khajehoddin, “Robust Inverter Control Design in Islanded Microgrids Using μ-Synthesis”, IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), 2016.
- S.M. Azizi and S. Ali Khajehoddin, “Robust Decentralized Voltage and Frequency Control of Generators in Islanded Microgrids Using μ-Synthesis”, IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), 2016.
- S.M. Azizi and S. Ali Khajehoddin, “An Optimization Approach to Design Decentralized Load Frequency Controllers for Generators in Islanded Microgrids”, IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS) Annual Meeting, 2016.
- S.M. Azizi and E. Tarshizi, “Autonomous Control and Navigation of a Lab-Scale Underground Mining Haul Truck Using LiDAR Sensor and Triangulation”, IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS) Annual Meeting, 2016.
- S.M. Azizi and S. Ali Khajehoddin, “Robust Load Frequency Control in Islanded Microgrid Systems Using μ-Synthesis and D-K Iteration”, IEEE International Systems Conference (ISC), 2016.
- S.M. Azizi and K. Khorasani, “Networked Estimation of Multi-Agent Systems Subject to Faults and Unreliable Information”, Asian Journal of Control, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 1-18, October 2014.
- S.M. Azizi and K. Khorasani, “Networked Estimation of Relative Sensing Multi-Agent Systems using Reconfigurable Sets of Sub-Observers”, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology (TCST), Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 2188-2204, November 2014.
- S.M. Azizi and K. Khorasani, “A Hierarchical Architecture for Cooperative Actuator Fault Estimation and Accommodation of Formation Flying Satellites in Deep Space”, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronics Systems (TAES), Vol. 48, No. 2, pp. 1428-1450, April 2012.
- S.M. Azizi and K. Khorasani, “Cooperative Actuator Fault Accommodation in Formation Flight of Unmanned Vehicles using Relative Measurements”, International Journal of Control (IJC), Vol. 84, No. 5, pp. 876-894, May 2011.
- S.M. Azizi, M. M. Tousi, and K. Khorasani, “Multi-agent Methodology for Distributed and Cooperative Supervisory Estimation Subject to Unreliable Information”, IET Control Theory & Applications, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 606-621, March 2011.
- S.M. Azizi, B.W. Gordon, and V. Ramachandran, “Distributed Realization of Differential-Algebraic Systems Using Decentralized Sliding Mode Control”, European Journal of Control (EJC), Vol. 16, No. 4, 2010.