- M & M Building 622
Research Assistant Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
Links of Interest
- Nanoscale Materials for energy application and data storage
- Graphene for nanoelectronics
- Materials characterization by transmission electron microscopy (TEM) and X-ray diffraction
- Insitu electrical and mechanical property measurement of nanoscale materials in TEM
- Giant magentoresistance materials, Superconducting materials, Intermetallic thin films
- A. Asthana, T. Shokuhfar, Q. Gao, P. A. Heiden, R. S. Yassar “Deformation-Driven Electrical Transport in Amorphous TiO2 Nanotubes” Accepted in Appl. Phys. A June (2012).
- A. Asthana, K. Momeni and R. S. Yassar, A. Prasad and Y. K. Yap “A study on the correlation of crystal defect and band gap properties of ZnO nanobelts” Appl. Phys. A 105 909 (2011).
- A. Asthana, K. Momeni, A. Prasad, and Y. K. Yap and R. S. Yassar “In Situ Observation of Size Scale Effects on the Mechanical Properties of ZnO Nanowires” Nanotechnology 22 245101(2011).
- A. Asthana, T. Shokuhfar, Q. Gao, P. Heiden, C. Friedrich, R. S. Yassar “A Study on the Modulation of the Electrical Transport by Mechanical Straining of Individual Titanium di Oxide Nanotube” Applied Phys. Lett, 97 (2010) 1.
- A. Asthana, T. Shokuhfar, Q. Gao, P. A. Heiden, C. Friedrich, and R. S. Yassar ” A real time observation of phase transition of anatase TiO2 nanotubes into rutile particles by in situ Joule heating inside transmission electron microscope” Adv. Sci. Lett. 3, 557 (2010).
- Anjana Asthana, Kasra Momeni, Abhishek Prasad, Yoke Khin Yap and Reza Shahbazian Yassar “In situ Probing of Electromechanical Properties of an Individual ZnO Nanobelt” Applied Phys. Lett. 95 (2009) 172106.
- Fei Teng, Sunand Santhanagopalan, Anjana Asthana, Xiaobao Geng, Sun-il Mho, Reza Shahbazian-Yassar and Dennis Desheng Meng “Self-assembly of LiFePO4 nanodendrites in a novel system of ethylene glycol–water” Journal of Crystal Growth, 312, 2010, 3493.