Welcome to Michigan Tech!
We are glad you have chosen Michigan Tech to pursue your graduate studies, and we look forward to welcoming you on campus. Graduate school will require you to grow academically, professionally, and socially in order to achieve your goals. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals. Welcome again, and Go Huskies!
Schedule and Description of Graduate School Events
All events will take place on Friday, January 11, 2019 in the Memorial Union Ballroom (2nd floor). Please register to attend on MyMichiganTech so that we can save a seat for you and prepare to welcome you to campus!
- If you are starting your studies in spring 2019, register online by visiting your Enrollment Checklist on MyMichiganTech.
- If you are currently enrolled in a degree program, register online by visiting your Current Student checklist on MyMichiganTech.
- 9:30–10 a.m. | Friday, January 11, 2019 | Memorial Union Ballroom (2nd floor)
Arrive to receive your welcome packet and table assignment for our program.
Welcome to Graduate School
- 10–11:30 a.m. | Friday, January 11, 2019 | Memorial Union Ballroom (2nd floor)
Meet the Dean, Graduate Student Government, Career Services, Public Safety, and more.
- 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m. | Friday, January 11, 2019 | Memorial Union Ballroom (2nd floor)
Enjoy lunch with new graduate students and speakers from our welcome event.
Orientation to Graduate Studies and Research
- 1–4:30 p.m. | Friday, January 11, 2019 | Memorial Union Ballroom (2nd floor)
You will be introduced to the expectations for graduate students and the basics of responsible conduct for research.
Graduate Teaching Assistantship Orientation
The GTA Orientation Schedule is available on the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) website and takes place before the start of fall semester.
Program Orientation and Safety Training
Individual programs may also have orientation sessions. Please contact your graduate program director for more information.
International Student Information
The office of International Programs and Services will welcome international students to campus and provide additional information.