Michigan Tech is a premier technological university of international stature. Our alumni have successfully demonstrated that they have the skills and experiences necessary to address the needs of a complex and rapidly changing world. Because our graduates truly do create the future and change the world, Michigan Tech enrolls a large number of international graduate students who want to make a difference.
Programs & Costs
The Michigan Tech Graduate School has one tuition rate—international students do not pay an “out-of-state” or international rate. Academic year tuition and fees are provided on our Cost of Education page.
- In most cases, international students residing overseas are not eligible for our online programs.
- Please refer to our authorization page for a list of countries where we can offer online education.
- International students cannot pursue a graduate certificate on campus unless they are also pursuing a graduate degree.
- Unless otherwise authorized through participation in a negotiated agreement, international students are not eligible for non-degree seeking status.
- However, F2 dependents may apply to take classes as non-degree seeking students.
How to Apply
Our application process is completely electronic (and free!). See our How to Apply page for the basic information. International applicants should complete our online International Graduate Application.