Seyed A. (Reza) Zekavat
- EERC 825
Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PhD, Communication, Colorado State University
- MS, Communication, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran
- BS, Communication, Shiraz University, Shiraz
Seyed (Reza) A. Zekavat received his PhD from Colorado State University in 2002. He is the Author of the textbook "Electrical Engineering: Concepts and Applications" published by Pearson, and the editor of the book “Handbook of Position Location: Theory, Practice and Advances,” published by Wiley/IEEE. He holds a patent on an active Wireless Remote Positioning System. Zekavat has also co-authored two books “Multi-Carrier Technologies for Wireless Communications,” published by Kluwer, and “High Dimensional Data Analysis,” published by VDM Verlag; and ten book chapters in the areas of adaptive antennas, localization, and spectrum sharing.
Zekavat is the founder of the wireless positioning lab at Michigan Tech. The lab equipment and research has been supported by the National Science Foundation, the Army Research Labs, and National Instruments. Zekavat’s research interests are in wireless communications, positioning systems, software defined radio design, dynamic spectrum allocation methods, Radar theory, blind signal separation and MIMO and beam forming techniques, feature extraction, and neural networking. He is active on the technical program committees for several IEEE international conferences, serving as a committee chair or member. He served on the editorial board of many Journals including IET Communications, IET Wireless Sensor System, Springer Inernational Journal on Wireless Networks, and GSTF Journal on Mobile Comm.. He has been on the Executive Committee of multiple IEEE conferences.
Links of Interest
Areas of Interest
- Wireless localization systems
- Wireless power transfer
- Channel modeling
- Statistical signal processing
- Antenna and beamforming
- Z. Wang, and S. A. Zekavat, “Omni Mobile Node Localization in NLOS Scenarios,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 11, no. 12, 2012, pp. 2047 - 2059.
- W. Xu, and S. A. Zekavat, “Novel High Performance MIMO-OFDM based Measures for NLOS Identification in Time-Varying Frequency and Space Selective Channels,” IEEE Communication Letters, vol. 16, no. 02, pp. 212-215, 2012.
- W. Xu, Z. Wang, and S. A. Zekavat, “Non-Line-of-Sight Identification in Wireless Localization via Phase Difference Statistics across Two Antenna Elements,” IET Communications, vol. 5, no. 13, 2011, pp. 1814 – 1822.
- Shu Ting Goh, S. A. Zekavat, and O. Abdelkhalik, “A Weighted Measurement Fusion Kalman Filter Implementation for UAV Navigation”, Aerospace Science and Technology, 20 Dec 2012, DOI information: 10.1016/j.ast.2012.11.012.
- S. A. Zekavat, and M. Buehrer, Editors, Handbook of Position Location; Theory, Practice and Advances, Wiley-IEEE Press; Sept. 2011.
- S. A. Zekavat, Electrical Engineering: Concepts and Applications, Prentice-Hall Publications, Jan. 2012,