- Chem Sci 304A
Professor, Chemical Engineering
- PhD, University of Massachusetts
- BSE, Chemical Engineering, Princeton University
BiographyDr. Morrison's interests and expertise in the field of polymer rheology have culminated in two books with leading publishers, a short course, and research publications with collaborators in diverse fields. Morrison's recent focus is on engineering education, particularly devising the materials and methods that are needed to ensure effective education in a changing world. Morrison's courses are online through iTunesU, and as "DrMorrisonMTU" she maintains an active YouTube channel. Her rheology research is currently in the rheology of hydrogels for spinal cord injury treatment (collaborative with biomedical engineering colleagues) and the rheology of carbon filled composites (collaboration with chemical engineering colleagues).
- Fluid Mechanics
- Better Educational Materials
- Filled Polymers
- Morrison, Faith A., An Introduction to Fluid Mechanics (Cambridge University Press, 2013), ISBN: 978-1-107-00353-8. Read More
- Morrison, Faith A., Understanding Rheology (Oxford University Press, 2001), ISBN 0-19-514166-0. Read More
- King, Julia A., Via, Michael D., Morrison, Faith A., Wiese, Kyle R., Beach, Edsel A., Cieslinski, Mark J., Bogucki, Gregg R. "Characterization of Exfoliated Graphite Nanoplatelet/Polycarbonate Composites: Electrical and Thermal Conductivity, and Tensile, Flexural, and Rheological Properties," Journal of Composite Materials, 2011.
- Zuidema, Jonathan M., Pap, M. M., Jaroch, D. B., Morrison, Faith A., Gilbert, Ryan J., "Fabrication and Characterization of Tunable Polysaccharide Hydrogel Blends for Neural Repair," Acta Biomaterialia 7(4),1634-1643 (2011).
- Morrison, Faith A., “Constitutive Modeling of Viscoelastic Fluids,” Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (UNESCO): Rheology, section 6.197-8, Crispulo Gallegos, editor invited; 2010.
- King, Julia A., Michael D. Via, Jason M. Keith, Faith A. Morrison, "Effects of Carbon Fillers on Rheology of Polypropylene Based Resins," Journal of Composite Materials, 43(25), 3073-3089 (2009).
- Morrison, Faith A., Drawing the Connections: Engineering Science and Engineering Practice," Chemical Engineering Education, 110-115, Spring 2005.