Financial Assistance Options
- The Great Start School Readiness Program (GSRP) offers preschool four days per week
(Monday through Thursday) from September 1 through April 30 each school year. Children
must turn 4 years old before September 1 of that year to be eligible. Access the
application and assessment online. For additional eligibility requirements, contact Eva-Marie Hatfield at
(906) 487-3528 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Undergraduate, Graduate and low-income employee families should apply for the "Access to High Quality Early Childhood Education Scholarship Fund." Applications are accepted yearly during June and July with assistance awarded in
August. For questions, contact Eva-Marie Hatfield at (906) 487-3528 or email@example.com.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students, as well as low-income families should apply for
financial assistance through the Department of Health and Human Services. The Department
Of Health and Human Service determines eligibility.
- Students may also use their overage checks from the Department of Financial Aid to
cover childcare costs. Students have the option of taking out a student loan to cover
other college related costs including childcare. For more information about Financial
Aid contact the Michigan Tech Financial Aid Department at (906) 487-2622 .
- There are many other assistance programs that may be available to help you. For more
information on what is currently available, contact Eva-Marie Hatfield at (906) 487-3528