Expected Student Expenses
These expenses, which vary by program, will be included on your Michigan Tech tuition bill:
- Tuition or program fees
- Michigan Tech Study Abroad Administration fee ($350). The fee is non-refundable and cannot be credited toward tuition or any other fees.
- Housing deposit and housing fees if applicable
In addition to tuition, program, and any housing fees, students should plan for these additional expenses:
- Passport, and if required, a visa
- Local transportation costs
- Meals, unless included
- Personal and incidental expenses
- Room and board
- Optional excursions, and field study courses
- Tuition and fees are added to your Michigan Tech bill. Follow the payment schedule set by Michigan Tech.
- Other fees or deposits that are owed directly to a program provider other than Michigan Tech should be paid according to the provider’s due date.
- Changes to your program may require the International Programs and Services Office to make adjustments to your Michigan Tech bill. This may result in you owing additional fees or receiving a credit to your account; this may occur after you pay your bill. You will be notified of any changes.