- Lakeshore Center 204C
- Executive Director of Institutional Research
- MS, Operations Management, Michigan Technological University
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Michigan Technological University
Richard Elenich has worked in the field of Institutional Research his entire career. Starting as a Student Research Assistant in 1989, he has worked his way up through various leadership roles being named Director of Institutional Analysis in 2004 and Executive Director of Institutional Research in 2018. In addition to being involved in numerous campus initiatives, he is an active member in several state-level committees, including the Michigan Association of State Universities’ Institutional Research and Planning Directors Committee, the Higher Education Institutional Data Inventory Advisory Committee, and Michigan’s P-20 Longitudinal Data System Advisory Council.
Links of Interest
- Association for Institutional Research
- Michigan Association of State Universities
- National Center for Education Statistics
- MI School Data
- Institutional Research Data Management and Reporting
- Federal and State Reporting
- Serve as consultants to administrative officers and University committees regarding operational studies and data
- Maintain the official repository for statistical information about the University
With over 25 years of experience in higher education, Rich is a state appointed member of Michigan’s P-20 Longitudinal Data System Advisory Council, the Doctoral University Representative on Michigan’s Higher Education Institutional Data Inventory Advisory Committee, and Michigan Tech’s representative on the Michigan Association of State Universities’ Institutional Research and Planning Directors Committee. His professional interests focus around operational and data management. When not working, he can often be seen attending a Michigan Tech hockey or basketball game.