Vision of Institutional Research
The five-year vision for Institutional Research includes a bold advancement in its analytic mission. We will engage in self-directed, continuous, and methodological studies utilizing predictive and forecasting analytics to explore various success models relevant to sound management and effective strategic and tactical planning. Along with advancing our analytic mission, we will be placing emphasis on dashboard tools which will provide the Michigan Tech community with improved access to our institutional data.
Putting emphasis on integrity and accuracy, the Office of Institutional Research is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating data and essential information in support of operational and managerial decision-making, as well as strategic planning processes at the University.
We accomplish our mission by focusing on multiple components, some include:
- Engaging in self-directed, continuous, and methodological studies utilizing predictive and forecasting analytics relevant to sound management and effective strategic and tactical planning
- Developing and maintaining university dashboards to disseminate key metrics and improve access to our institutional data in support of operational and managerial decision-making
- Serving as internal consultants to administrative officers and University committees regarding operational studies and data
- Representing the University on various state and national committees and task forces
- Complying with federal and state mandated reporting requirements, along with various external agency requests
- Developing and maintaining resource materials for the University
- Serving as Michigan Technological University’s official repository for statistical information about the University