Budgeting Your Study Abroad
Below is a list of expected study abroad expenses. The Michigan Tech Study Abroad Coordinator will work with you to create your budget. If you plan to use financial aid and/or university scholarships, you are encouraged to contact the Michigan Tech Financial Aid office to discuss your options.
These expenses, which vary by program, will be included on your Michigan Tech tuition bill:
- Tuition or program fees
- Michigan Tech Study Abroad Administration fee ($350). The fee is non-refundable and cannot be credited toward tuition or any other fees.
- Housing deposit and housing fees if applicable
In addition to tuition, program, and any housing fees, students should plan for these additional expenses:
- Passport, and if required, a visa
- Local transportation costs
- Meals, unless included
- Personal and incidental expenses
- Room and board
- Optional excursions, and field study courses
- Tuition and fees will be applied to your Michigan Tech bill. Follow the Michigan Tech billing due dates.
- Other fees or deposits that are owed directly to a program provider other than Michigan Tech should be paid according to the provider’s due date.
- Changes to your program may require Michigan Tech to make adjustments to your Michigan Tech bill. This may result in you owing additional fees or receiving a credit to your account; this may occur after you pay your bill. You will be notified of any changes.