If you're an aspiring student entrepreneur or innovator, apply for Michigan Tech's Silicon Valley Experience. Held over Spring Break, this experience will let you meet successful entrepreneurs, innovators, engineers, and business leaders in an area known for technological breakthroughs, Fortune 1000 companies, dynamic talent pools, and exciting corporate cultures. Students who apply and are accepted will have the opportunity to:
- Tour companies like Google, Netflix, Hewlett Packard, Facebook, Ford, as well as the Michigan Tech alumni startup company Handshake
- Meet with entrepreneurs and innovators
- Talk with Michigan Tech alumni who are leaders in their field
- Get answers to your real-world business, innovation, and leadership questions
- Gain firsthand knowledge of the enterprises that are revolutionizing global business
Schedule and Costs
The Silicon Valley Experience is held over Spring Break.
- March 8, 2020: Travel day
- March 9-12, 2020: Tours, meet-and-greets, and other planned activities
- March 13, 2020: Free day
Lodging, ground transportation to and from toured companies, and some food will be covered. Students will be responsible for arranging and paying for their own air travel. Students who have a demonstrated financial need can apply for a limited travel scholarship.
Major funding for this trip is provided by the 14 Floors alumni group and Husky Innovate.
How to Apply
The deadline to apply is February 10, 2020. Up to sixteen students will be guaranteed a slot on the trip. Priority will be given to students who have been previously engaged with innovation and entrepreneurship and articulate continued engagement on their application. As part of the student application, students will create a 2-minute video describing how they will share their experience with the Michigan Technological University community upon completion of their travel in order to positively contribute to our entrepreneurial ecosystem.