Grow Research Programs
Specifically, externally funded research programs with an increase of NIH research expenditures.
- Increase research expenditures over all by 50% overall by 50% and specifically NIH research expenditures by 50%.
- Increase the number of PhDs awarded in the health sciences by 10%.
Increase the breadth and depth of health-related partnerships.
- Track the diversity of funding agencies for submitted and awarded grants.Increase diversity of funding agencies by 10%.
- Increase average success rate for all grants submitted by 30%.
- Increase partnerships by 20% by tracking the diversity of collaborators on patents and publications.
Increase national and international visibility to become a national research hub.
- Increase the national leadership roles of members by 20%and track the past and current roles.
- Track number of external presentations given. Also use metrics from other goals.
Innovations in Health
Increase technological innovations in health.
- Increase the yearly number of patents and publications by 20%.
A Fully-Funded, Sustainable Institute
- No longer be eligible for NIH R15 funding, which requires >$6M/year in NIH funding.
- Obtain an NIH T32 institutional training grant that will provide funding for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars.
- Obtain an NIH R25 educational grant to create educational programming across multiple departments.
- Have a fully-funded, sustainable institute with a minimum of a 40% funded director, a 100% funded business manager, and to have technical and research support staff.
- Increase faculty and research staff in the area of human health.
- Maintain a high placement rate for alumni at all educational levels into health careers.
- Increase the number of our alumni that become PIs on their own publications and projects.