- Assistant Professor, Physics
- PhD, Optics and Photonics, CREOL/UCF
- MS, Optics, CREOL/UCF
- MS, Electromagnetics, Cairo University
- BS, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Cairo University
Ramy El-Ganainy received his undergraduate degree from Cairo University in 1999. In 2007, he obtained his master's degree from the College of Optics and Photonics (CREOL) at the University of Central Florida. He earned his PhD, in 2009, from CREOL for his thesis work on nonlinear optical properties of nano-suspensions. Since 2009, he has been a postdoctoral fellow at the Physics Department, University of Toronto. Recently, he joined the Max Planck Institute for the physics of complex systems as a guest scientist for a period of one year.
His research interests span a wide spectrum of topics, ranging from classical optics to computational techniques for radiation-matter interactions. He has published 20 papers and given more than 10 conference presentations.
- Nonlinear effects in optical nano-wires
- Optical solitons in soft-matter
- Parity-time symmetry in optics
- QED effects inside photonic structures
- Mohammad H. Teimourpour, Li Ge, Demetrios N. Christodoulides, Ramy El-Ganainy, “Non-Hermitian engineering of single mode two dimensional laser arrays”, Scientific Reports 6, 33253 (2016).
- M. H. Teimourpour, D. N. Christodoulides, R. El-Ganainy, “Optical revivals in nonuniform supersymmetric photonic arrays”, Opt. Letter. 41.2, 372-375 (2016)
- D. W. Schönleber, A. Eisfeld, R. El-Ganainy, "Optomechanical interactions in non-Hermitian photonic molecules", New Journal of Physics, Volume 18 (2016)
- Li Ge, Ramy El-Ganainy, “Nonlinear modal interactions in parity-time (PT) symmetric lasers”, Scientific Reports, 6, 24889 (2016)
- R. El-Ganainy, J.I. Dadap, R.M. Osgood, “Optical parametric amplification via non-Hermitian phase matching”, Opt. Lett. 40, 5086-5089 (2015)
- R. El-Ganainy, Li Ge, M. Khajavikhan, D.N. Christodoulides, “Supersymmetric laser arrays”, Phys. Rev. A 92, 033818 (2015)
- M. H. Teimourpour, R. El-Ganainy, “Efficient computation of spontaneous emission dynamics in arbitrary photonic structures”, J. Opt. 17, 125203 (2015)
- Miguel Levy, Turhan K. Carroll, Ramy El-Ganainy, "Enhancing optical isolator performance in nonreciprocal waveguide arrays", Opt. Lett. 40, 111-114 (2015)