Annual Tuition and Fees
|2014-2015 Undergraduate Student Expenses|
|Academic Year (Two Semesters)||One Semester|
|Tuition1, 2||$29,220||$ 14,610|
|Room and Board 3||9,516||4,758|
|Estimated Books and Supplies||1,200||600|
|Required Fees 5||300||150|
|Surcharge (all international students, excluding summer semester)||400||200|
Fees Subject to Change: Tuition and fees are based upon the costs for the 2014-2015 Academic Year and are subject to change without notice upon approval of the Michigan Tech Board of Control.
1. Tuition costs are based on students taking 12-18 credits per semester are charged the "plateau rate" listed above. If you are coming as a reciprocal exchange student, your home university may cover tuition costs. Students attending over summer semesters will be charged on a per credit rate of $973.
2. An additional $150-$900 differential tuition charge will be assessed for each semester to students who have earned 60 or more credits and are enrolled for 6 or more credits for the semester. The differential tuition website will help you determine which fee you will have to pay. Students who have 60 or more credits who are taking fewer than 6 credits during the semester will be assessed a $75-$450 differential tuition charge.
3. Room and Board rates vary depending on hall assignment and meal plan selection. Please visit: Housing for specific room and board rates.
4. All international students are required to have health insurance while enrolled at Michigan Tech. Students are not required to purchase the Michigan Tech health insurance policy if they provide proof of comparable coverage from their home country.
5. Required fees per semester include:
Fall and Spring Activity Fee- $60.00
Fall and Spring Experience Tech Fee- $90.00 (not assessed in summer)
6. Orientation fee is a one-time charge. First-Year, Exchange and students transferring with less than 30 credits will be charged $250; students transferring more than 30 credits will be charged $75.
Many of the above figures are estimates and will vary depending upon your lifestyle, courses chosen, and various other factors. It might be wise to add 5-10% to estimated costs—such as room and board and personal needs and housing—to provide a cushion for unexpected events. These costs do not include travel to and from your destination.
This information is also available in a pdf format for you to print.