Applicants intending to pursue a Michigan Technological University bachelor's degree following completion of secondary level studies are considered first-year students. Admission to Michigan Tech is selective and competitive. Students with high motivation, a strong academic background as evidenced by above average grades at the secondary school level or standardized tests/exams, and leadership abilities are encouraged to apply.
2. Official English language proficiency exam (TOEFL, IELTS or its equivalent) sent directly to Michigan Tech by the testing agency. A complete list of English language proficiency requirements is available. NOTE: Even if you do not meet our requirements, test scores are required to help us determine your current level of proficiency.
3. Official secondary transcripts or mark sheets. Must include final three years of secondary school with proof of completion, such as a Leaving Certificate or copy of Diploma. English translations must accompany all documents. Certified True Copies may be acceptable, with prior approval.
Upon admission and prior to issuance of the form I-20, please submit the documents listed below:
1. A completed Affidavit of Financial Support form.
2. Bank statement demonstrating sufficient funds for at least one full year of studies.
NOTE: Both documents must be dated no earlier than 12 months before your intended start date. Applicants may scan and email the documents to us. Please make sure that your M#, given name and family name are included on each page.
3. Copy of passport information/photo page.
4. Students currently in the US are also required to complete a transfer in form.
To receive your admissions documents through express and secured delivery, please utilize eShipGlobal.