Ciro A. Sandoval
- Emeritus Professor of Spanish Language and Comparative Studies, Humanities
- PhD, State University of New York, Stony Brook
Dr. Ciro A. Sandoval is interested in the interdisciplinary role of humanities, science, and technology as perceived in landscape, ecology, and technological, scientific and literary utopias and dystopias. He has parallel interests in theories of translation and language for special purposes, and/or literacies.
- Comparative Literature with special emphasis on Spanish-speaking World
- Interdisciplinary Crossings in Science, Technology, and Humanities
- Communication across cultures
- Spanish for Specific Literacies
- Linguistic and Cultural Translation
- Landscape studies
- Sandoval, Ciro A., and Sandra M. Boschetto-Sandoval. JosÃ© MarÃa Arguedas: Reconsiderations for Latin American Cultural Studies. Athens: Ohio University Press, 1998. Print.
- Sandoval, C. A., ""El SEXTO: Entre lenguaje y poder"", Philología Hispalénsis (University of Seville, Spain). 23 (Summer 2009), 37-52, (May 2010). (peer-reviewed/refereed) (Published)
- Boschetto-Sandoval, Sandra M., Fonkoue, Ramon A., Sandoval, Ciro A., "Panel Organizer and Presider: Literature and the Poetics of Interculturality", Midwest Modern Language Conference (M/MLA), Modern Language Association, Chicago, Illinois, Oral. (November 4, 2010 - November 7, 2010).