Graduate School Admissions
How to Apply
Watch your email for your MyMichiganTech access. You will receive access within one week of submitting your application.
International Students: Additional Information
The Michigan Tech Graduate School has one tuition rate—international students do not pay an “out-of-state” rate. Academic year tuition and fees are provided on our Cost of Education website.
International Application Process
See our International Applicants page for more information on requirements specific to students from outside the United States.
Do I need to submit official documents before my application decision is made?
Decisions can be made with unofficial copies of the required documents. Copies of documents, such as your test score reports or previous transcripts, can be uploaded to your MyMichiganTech.
Your official documents and test scores must be received by the Graduate School if you are accepted to the University in order to complete your enrollment. It is recommended that international students bring their official transcripts and proof of degree(s) to campus with them.
Official ETS (GRE & TOEFL) test scores can be sent directly to Michigan Tech using our School Code: 1464
May I mail my required documents, rather than uploading them?
All materials required for the application process must be uploaded to your MyMichiganTech.
Hardcopies of official transcripts will be reviewed and scanned, but will not be physically retained. Any other mailed documents will not be reviewed and will be shredded / destroyed.
It is highly recommended that international students bring their official transcripts and proof of degree(s) with them to campus. These official documents are required to complete enrollment after being admitted.
How do I apply for funding?
How do I know if my application is under review? What is my application status?
You can check the status of your application on your MyMichiganTech. Your application status will always be updated here first.
Definitions of our most frequently used status codes follow:Incomplete items outstanding
- Check for items marked as "Required" in your Missing section.
- Your application has been sent to the program, but a decision may not be processed until all application materials are received.
- Your application has been sent to the program and is under review. Your status will be updated once the Graduate School is notified of your application decision.
- You have been accepted to the program of study. Additional information will be sent to you by email and in your acceptance letter(s).
- You have been accepted to your program of study, but we need to receive your proof of funding documents and a copy of your passport in order to issue your immigration documents (I-20 / DS-2019).
- The program has decided to not admit you at this time.
When will I receive my admissions decision?
All application decisions are made by the program of study. The time frame for a decision varies among programs, as some programs make decisions by committee review.
If you have further questions about a program's timeline for application decisions, you can contact your Graduate Program Director.