How to Apply
- Complete and submit your online application. It's free!
- Verify your admissions requirements on our program pages. Requirements vary from program to program. Generally, programs will not review your application until all of your required documents have been received.
- Upload your required documents and request online letters of recommendation via your personalized MyMichiganTech website. (The Graduate School will acknowledge receipt of your initial application and provide you with your login information by email.)
- Mail any required official documents to the Graduate School (mailing address). This may include your proof of degree and certification of finances (International students). Although you can send unofficial test scores for your application review process, we must also receive official score reports directly from the testing agency to complete your enrollment.
- Graduate School
1400 Townsend Drive
Houghton, MI 49931-1295
- Graduate School
- Track the status of your application and receive other important announcements on your MyMichiganTech website.
Where are we?
Our application process is completely electronic. We encourage you to use our online application for quicker access to your personalized MyMichiganTech website where you can track the status of your application.
A paper application can be requested by contacting Kristi Isaacson. Please note that submitting a paper application or documents by mail may delay the processing of your application.
All of your required application documents can be submitted electronically via your personalized MyMichiganTech website. You will receive access to your website by email within a week of submitting your online application.
Once all of your required application documents are received, your application will be sent to your program of study for review.
Prospective Student Updates
If you are considering Michigan Tech for graduate school, we encourage you to subscribe to gradapp-l.
Gradapp-l provides prospective students with the latest funding opportunities, insider information on how to submit a competitive application, tips for preparing for the GRE, and research updates on who is doing what.