Required Procedures for Submitting Your Report
Congratulations on nearing the end of your graduate degree! You will find helpful information below and in the side bars on the right.
The forms don't work. What should I do?
All Graduate School forms may be completed in newer versions of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader (v9 or higher). If you are experiencing problems try:
- Switching to a different browser. Currently, Internet Explorer is recommended.
- There are known incompatibility issues with Firefox v19, Chrome, Preview (the PDF reader on a macintosh) and Linux machines.
- Students who click on a form link and receive the message, "Please wait.... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of your document..." have an incompatible browser or plug-in.
- Saving the file to your hard drive and open with the newest version of Acrobat Reader rather than clicking on the link and opening in your browser.
- Right-click or option-click the hyperlink
- Save the form on your hard drive.
- Open the file directly from Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Reconfiguring your browser to open PDF files using a compatible plug-in. Firefox users may reconfigure their browsers using the instructions below:
- Select Tools...Options from the menu bar
- Select the "Applications" tab in the pop up window
- Search for and select "Portable Document Format (PDF)" in the Content Type list
- Select "Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox)" as the Action
- Press "OK"
TDR-Review is provided as a sample for your information and does not allow data entry, since the Graduate School completes and returns this form for you.
I need to graduate this semester. What is the last day I can defend?
The Graduate School currently has no deadline for your defense. You may defend at any time your advisor and committee agree that you are ready and they are available to meet. For more information:
- Degree completion timeline—see items needed to complete your degree and when to complete them
- MyMichiganTech has a personalized checklist for your degree
- Deadlines are available for upcoming semesters
The Graduate Faculty Council recommends the following timeline to schedule a defense and complete a degree in a given semester.
|Milestone||Recommended dates for spring 2015|
Recommended last day to schedule a final oral examination
Tuesday, Week 10
March 24, 2015
Recommended last day to hold a final oral examination
Tuesday, Week 12
April 7, 2015
Recommended last day to submit advisor and committee approved dissertation, thesis, or report and associated paperwork to the Graduate School
Monday, Week 13
April 13, 2015
See the full timeline to complete your degree. To complete your report, an overview of the steps is:
- Plan for your defense
- Schedule your defense with the Graduate School and submit a defendable report to your committee and the Graduate School
- Defend your report publicly
- Correct your report and obtain advisor approval to submit your revised report to the Graduate School
- Submit your report to the Graduate School
- Pay publishing fees (if needed) after your advisor approves your publishing options
The Graduate School reviews all documents in the order they are received within two weeks. Students can check MyMichiganTech at any time for their current status.