- EERC 825
Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PhD, Communication, Colorado State University
- MS, Communication, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran
- BS, Communication, Shiraz University, Shiraz
Seyed (Reza) A. Zekavat received his PhD from Colorado State University in 2002. He has co-authored two books, “Multi-Carrier Technologies for Wireless Communications,” published by Kluwer, and “High Dimensional Data Analysis,” published by VDM Verlag; and four book chapters in the areas of adaptive antennas, localization, and spectrum sharing. Zekavat is also editor of the book “Position Location—Theory, Practice and Advances: A Handbook for Engineers and Academics,” which will be published in the near future. He also holds a patent on an active Wireless Remote Positioning System.
Zekavat is the founder of the wireless positioning lab at Michigan Tech. The lab equipment and research has been supported by the National Science Foundation, the Army Research Labs, and National Instruments. Zekavat’s research interests are in wireless communications, positioning systems, software defined radio design, dynamic spectrum allocation methods, Radar theory, blind signal separation and MIMO and beam forming techniques, feature extraction, and neural networking. He is active on the technical program committees for several IEEE international conferences, serving as a committee chair or member. He served on the editorial board of IET Communications between 2008 and 2010, and he is currently with the IET Wireless Sensor System editorial board.
Areas of Interest
- Wireless localization systems
- Wireless power transfer
- Channel modeling
- Statistical signal processing
- Antenna and beamforming
- Z. Wang, and S. A. Zekavat, “Omni Mobile Node Localization in NLOS Scenarios,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, submitted.
- S. G. Ting, O. Abdelkhalik, and S. A. Zekavat, “Differential Geometric Estimation For Spacecraft Formations Orbits via a Novel Wireless Positioning System,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, submitted.
- W. Xu, Z. Wang, and S. A. Zekavat, “Non-Line-of-Sight Identification in Wireless Localization via Phase Difference Statistics across Two Antenna Elements,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, submitted.
- H. Tong, and S. A. Zekavat, “An infinite series representation of multivariate exponential distributions,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, submitted.
- F. Emdad, S. A. Zekavat, “High Dimensional Data Analysis: Overview, Analysis and Applications,” VDM Verlag, 2008
- S. A. Zekavat, and M. Buehrer, “Position Location - Theory, Practice and Recent Advances Subtitle: A Handbook for Engineers and Academics,” in the process of preparation.
- C. R. Nassar, S. A. Zekavat, et al, Multicarrier Technologies for Wireless Communications, Kluwer Academic Press, 2001