Warren F. Perger
- EERC 819
Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PhD, Physics, Colorado State University
- MS, Electrical Engineering, University of Wisconsin
- BS, Electrical Engineering, University of Wisconsin
Warren Perger earned his BS and MS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Wisconsin–Madison in 1978 and 1981, respectively. He worked for General Telephone for two years, and then he earned a PhD in Physics from Colorado State University in 1987. His research has ranged from theoretical methods for high-precision relativistic atomic physics to software for accurate computation of the generalized hypergeometric function. His most recent research efforts are focused on the ab-initio calculation of properties of crystalline materials. Properties currently under study are the IR and Raman frequency shifts as a function of pressure, as well as mechanical properties, such as the second-order elastic constants, sound velocities, and bulk moduli. In addition, he is interested in radio-frequency interference problems in airplane cockpit environments; this research stems from an avocation in aviation.
Areas of Interest
- Theoretical atomic physics
- J.A. King, W.A. Pisani, D.R. Klimek-McDonald, W.F. Perger, G.M. Odegard, D.G. Turpeinen, “Shielding effectiveness of carbon-filled polypropylene composites”, Journal of Composite Materials, Vol. 50 no. 16, 2016, 2177 – 2189
- J.A. King, W.A. Pisani, D.R. Klimek-McDonald, W.F. Perger, G.M. Odegard, “Shielding effectiveness of carbon-filled polycarbonate composites”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 132 no. 43, 2015, 42719
- C.L. Heldt, A.K. Sieloff, J.P. Merillat, A.R. Minerick, J.A. King, W.F. Perger, H. Fukushima, J. Narendra, “Stacked graphene nanoplatelet paper sensor for protein detection”, Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical, Vol. 181, 2013, 92 - 98
- I. Ahmed, W.F. Perger, S.A. Zekavat, “Effects of Ground Constituent Parameters on Array Mutual Coupling for DOA Estimation”, International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, 2011, 425913
- Ghous Narejo and W. F. Perger. First principles computation of second-order elastic constants and equations of state for tetragonal BaTiO3. Chem. Phys. Lett., 2010. (accepted for publication).
- Warren F. Perger. First-principles calculation of second-order elastic constants and equations of state for lithium azide, LiN3, and lead azide, Pb(N3)2. Int. J. Quant. Chem., 110:1916–1922, 2010.
- Warren F. Perger, J. Criswell, B. Civalleri, and R. Dovesi. Ab-initio calculation of elastic constants of crystalline systems with the CRYSTAL code. Comput. Phys. Commun., 180:1753–1759, 2009.