- EERC 729
Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of California, San Diego
- MS, Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, Sabanci University
- BS, Physics, Bosphorus (Bogazici) University
Durdu Guney is an associate professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Michigan Tech. Prior to Michigan Tech he was a postdoctoral fellow in the US Department of Energy’s Ames Laboratory and Iowa State University. He received his PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering (Applied Physics) from the University of California, San Diego in 2007. Prof. Guney is a recipient of 2012 Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award given by the Oak Ridge Associated Universities. His research interests include metamaterials, plasmonics, solar cells, quantum computing, communications and cryptography, photonic crystals and fibers, acoustic bandgap materials, and microoptoelectromechanical systems. Current research activities of Prof. Guney include diffraction-unlimited metamaterial flat lens, plasmonic solar photovoltaic cells, and quantum manipulation of light with metamaterials. He is an Associate Editor for Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology.
Links of Interest
Areas of Interest
- Metamaterials and Plasmonics
- Solar Cells
- Quantum Computing, Communications and Cryptography
- Photonic Bandgap Materials and Fibers
- Acoustic Bandgap Materials
- W. Adams, M. Sadatgol, X. Zhang, and D. O. Guney, Bringing the 'perfect lens' into focus by near-perfect compensation of losses without gain media, New Journal of Physics 18, 125004 (2016).
- J. T. Davies, C. Rickerd, M. Grimes, and D. O. Guney, An n-bit general implementation of Shor's quantum period-finding algorithm, Quantum Information & Computation 16, 700 (2016).
- M. Sadatgol, M. Rahman, E. Forati, M. Levy, and D. O. Guney, Enhanced Faraday rotation in hybrid magneto-optical metamaterial structure of bismuth-substituted-iron-garnet with embedded-gold-wires, J. Appl. Phys. 119, 103105 (2016).
- J. Gwamuri, A. Vora, J. Mayandi, D. O. Guney, P. Bergstrom, and J. M. Pearce, A new method of preparing highly conductive ultra-thin indium tin oxide for plasmonic-enhanced thin film solar photovoltaic devices, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 149, 250 (2016).
- M. Asano, M. Bechu, M. Tame, S. K. Ozdemir, R. Ikuta, D. O. Guney, T. Yamamoto, L. Yang, M. Wegener, and N. Imoto, Distillation of photon entanglement using a plasmonic metamaterial, (Nature Publishing Group) Sci. Rep. 5, 18313 (2015).
- M. Sadatgol, S. K. Ozdemir, L. Yang, and D. O. Guney, Plasmon injection to compensate and control losses in negative index metamaterials, Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 035502 (2015).
- X. Zhang, E. Usi, S. K. Khan, M. Sadatgol, and D. O. Guney, Extremely subwavelength negative index metamaterial, Progress in Electromagnetic Research 152, 95 (2015).
- M. A. al Farooqui, J. Breeland, M. I. Aslam, M. Sadatgol, S. K. Ozdemir, M. Tame, L. Yang, and D. O. Guney, Quantum entanglement distillation with metamaterials, Opt. Express 23, 17941 (2015).