- EERC 729
Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of California, San Diego
- MS, Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, Sabanci University
- BS, Physics, Bosphorus (Bogazici) University
Durdu Guney is an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Michigan Tech. Prior to Michigan Tech he was a postdoctoral fellow in the US Department of Energy’s Ames Laboratory and Iowa State University. He received his PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering (Applied Physics) from the University of California, San Diego in 2007. He performed consulting on an all-optical cryptosysytem developed by Ziva Corp., San Diego in 2004. Prof. Guney is a recipient of 2012 Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award given by the Oak Ridge Associated Universities. His research interests include metamaterials, plasmonics, solar cells, quantum computing, communications and cryptography, photonic crystals and fibers, acoustic bandgap materials, and microoptoelectromechanical systems. Current research activities of Prof. Guney include diffraction-unlimited metamaterial flat lens, plasmonic solar photovoltaic cells, and quantum manipulation of light with metamaterials. He is an Associate Editor of Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology and a member of OSA, SPIE, IEEE, and MRS.
Links of Interest
Areas of Interest
- Metamaterials and Plasmonics
- Solar Cells
- Quantum Computing, Communications and Cryptography
- Photonic Bandgap Materials and Fibers
- Acoustic Bandgap Materials
- M. Sadatgol, S. K. Ozdemir, L. Yang, and D. O. Guney, Plasmon injection to compensate and control losses in negative index metamaterials, Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 035502 (2015).
- X. Zhang, E. Usi, S. K. Khan, M. Sadatgol, and D. O. Guney, Extremely subwavelength negative index metamaterial, Progress in Electromagnetic Research 152, 95 (2015).
- J. Gwamuri, A. Vora, R. R. Khanal, A. B. Phillips, M. J. Heben, D. O. Guney, P. Bergstrom, A. Kulkarni, and J. M. Pearce, Limitations of ultra-thin transparent conducting oxides for integration into plasmonic-enhanced thin film solar photovoltaic devices, Materials for Renewable and Sustainable Energy 4, 12 (2015).
- M. A. al Farooqui, J. Breeland, M. I. Aslam, M. Sadatgol, S. K. Ozdemir, M. Tame, L. Yang, and D. O. Guney, Quantum entanglement distillation with metamaterials, Opt. Express 23, 17941 (2015).
- A. Ahmadivand, N. Pala, and D. O. Guney, Enhancement of photothermal heat generation by metallodielectric nanoplasmonic clusters, Opt. Express 23, A682 (2015).
- X. Zhang, S. Debnath, and D. O. Guney, Hyperbolic metamaterial feasible for fabrication with direct laser writing processes, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 32, 1013 (2015).
- R. Sinha, M. Karabiyik, C. Al-Amin, P. K. Vabbina, D. Ö. Güney, and N. Pala, Tunable room temperature THz sources based on nonlinear mixing in a hybrid optical and THz micro-ring resonator, (Nature Publishing Group) Sci. Rep. 5, 9422 (2015).
- M. E. Hanafy, M. C. Roggemann, and D. O. Guney, Reconstruction of images degraded by aerosol scattering and measurement noise, Opt. Eng. 54, 033101 (2015).