The Silicon Valley Experience
Michigan Tech’s Silicon Valley Experience, a trip offered each year during Spring Break, is your chance to see real business in action—in a place that has become home to some of the world’s largest corporations: Fortune 1000 companies, software giants, high-tech startups, and more.
When you join a group of fellow School of Business and Economics students on a immersive adventure into the heart of the technological business world. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Tour companies like Meraki/Cisco, Autodesk, Porter Vineyard, Netflix, Apple, Ford, Brocade and Clair as well as recent Michigan Tech alumni startup companies Skymind and Handshake
- Meet with entrepreneurs and innovators
- Talk with Michigan Tech alumni who are leaders in their field
- Get answers to your real-world business and leadership questions
- Gain firsthand experience of the enterprises that are revolutionizing global business
Read more about the 2016 Silicon Valley Experience supported by gifts from alums Rick Berquest and Tom Porter.
Information for the Spring 2019 trip will come available in November.
14 Floors - The Silicon Valley Experience
Four days, 12 visits, 28 hours of company tours—Silicon Valley Experience puts 20 students smack-dab in the middle of high-tech. But one week isn’t enough. One place isn’t enough. So the experience powered since 2011 by fellow Huskies and friends of Michigan Tech has a new name—14 Floors. And it’s going nationwide.