Professor of Organizational Behavior, School of Business and Economics
- MS, PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Purdue University
- BA in Psychology, University of Indianapolis
Dr Goltz began her career at the University of Notre Dame and joined Michigan Tech in 1996. In addition to the teaching and research she does that is listed below, she is active in serving the academic and business communities. For example, she has served as Director of Business Graduate Programs at MTU. She also is an editorial board member for the Journal of Management Education, Journal of Organizational Behavior Management, and Journal of Business and Management. Dr. Goltz occasionally does consulting work for local organizations such as the Portage Lake District Library and the LaSalle Technology Group.
Gender discrimination isn’t a thing of the past. In fact, courts are now dealing with second-generation sex discrimination where incorrect practices are still being examined. Dr. Goltz co-authored a publication focused on second-generation sexual discrimination cases and how they are currently brought to court.
After interviewing 14 women about their experiences with second-generation sexual discrimination cases, Goltz and the other co-authors recommend reform of the litigation process. The researchers provide the foundation for adopting a better litigation process for courts, employers, and administrative agencies and the need to focus less on the rule-based approach to court proceedings and more on qualitative evidence.
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resources Management
- Individual perceptions of group fairness
- Organizational discrimination and justice processes
- Social power
- Escalation of commitment
- Goltz, S. M. "A Behavior Analysis of Individuals' Use of the Fairness Heuristic When Interacting with Groups and Organizations," Journal of Organizational Behavior Management.
- Goltz, S. M. (2010). Cris Giannantonio and Amy Hurley (Ed.), "Exploring the effect of unfair work contexts on the development of fairness beliefs," (vol. 16, # 2, pp. 167-191) .
- Goltz, S. M., Tuoriniemi, J. C., Roger, R. (2009). Jennifer Steiger and Deanna Whitaker (Ed.), "University Women's Experiences in Bringing Second Generation Sex Discrimination Claims: Further Support for Adoption of a Structural Approach," (18, 2, pp. 145-194) . Austin, Texas: Texas Journal of Women and the Law.
- Goltz, S. M., Hietapelto, A. B., Reinsch, R., Tyrell, S. (2008). Jane Schmidt-Wilk (Ed.), "Teaching Teamwork and Problem Solving Concurrently," (5th ed., vol. 32, pp. 541-562). Journal of Management Education.