- 123 Academic Offices Building
Assistant Professor of Strategic Management and Innovation, School of Business and Economics
- PhD in Strategic Management, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- MBA, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- BS in Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
Dr. Srivastava's research focuses on understanding the phenomena of technological innovation, strategic alliance portfolio, geographic clusters, and evolution of knowledge structure of firms; in particular, how firms generate technological innovations on a sustained basis using the external mechanisms such as strategic alliances. His research has been published in Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, Journal of Engineering and Technology Management and has won awards at the Strategic Management Society and Academy of Management. He is an ad-hoc reviewer for several journals including Management Science, Journal of Management, Journal of Management Studies, and Journal of International Management. He is a native of India, he currently lives in Hancock with his wife Smita and two sons Ajitesh and Aditya and before coming to Michigan Tech he taught Strategic Management at Virginia Tech.
- Strategic Management
- International Management
- Technology Management
- Interfirm alliances and networks
- Technological innovations
- Semiconductor and Nanotechnology industries
- Gnyawali, D. R. & Srivastava, M. K., (2013) “Complementary Effects of Clusters and Networks on Firm Innovation: A Conceptual Model”. Journal of Engineering and Technology Management. 30(1):1-20.
- Srivastava, M. K., Bruyaka, O., Gnyawali, D. R, Ran, B (Ed)., (2012) "Overcoming Innovation Barriers: Alliance Portfolio Characteristics and Technological Innovations" in Contemporary Perspectives on Technological Innovation, Management and Policy, Information Age Publishing. Vol (1) ,pp. 121-156
- Srivastava, M. K., Gnyawali, D. R. (2011). "When Do Relational Resources Matter? Leveraging Portfolio Technological Resources for Breakthrough Innovation," (vol. 54, # 4, pp. 797-810) . Academy of Management Journal. Read More
- Srivastava, M. K., Gnyawali, D. R., Tallman, S. (2010). "Differential Impact of Alliance and Cluster Technological Resources on Breakthrough Innovation," Best Paper Proceedings Academy of Management.
- Srivastava, M. K., Gnyawali, D. R., Lan, H.-W. (2010). "Making the Most of What You Have: Impact of Alliance Portfolio Characteristics on Technological Innovations,"Strategic Management Society Annual International Conference.
- Park, B. J., Gnyawali, D. R., Srivastava, M. K. (2009),"Effects of Alliance Portfolio Resources and Competitive Attributes on Firm Innovation", Academy of Management, Chicago
- Srivastava, M. K., Gnyawali, D. R (2009), "Impact of Relational Resources on Breakthrough Innovation: Evidence from U.S. Semiconductor Industry" Academy of Management, Chicago
- Srivastava, M. K. (2009). "Network, Clusters, and Technological Innovation" VDM Verlag, Saarbrücken.
- Srivastava, M. K., Gnyawali, D. R.(2008), "All That Glitters is Not Gold: The Impact of Network and Cluster Technological Resources on the Breakthrough Innovations" Strategic Management Society, Cologne, Germany
- Gnyawali, D. R., Srivastava, M. K. (2007), "Leverage Your Network To Innovate: The Effects of Inter-Firm Network Orientations on Technological Breakthrough Innovations" Strategic Management Society Conference, San Diego