Manish K Srivastava
Assistant Professor of Strategic Management and Innovation,
School of Business and Economics
- PhD in Strategic Management, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- MBA, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- BS in Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
Dr. Srivastava's research focuses on understanding the phenomena of technological innovation, strategic alliance portfolio, geographic clusters, and evolution of knowledge structure of firms; in particular, how firms generate technological innovations on a sustained basis using the external mechanisms such as strategic alliances. His research has been published in Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, Industrial Marketing Management, Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, and Management Decision. His research has won awards at the Strategic Management Society and Academy of Management. He serves on the Editorial Board of Journal of Management (2014-2017) and as an ad-hoc reviewer for several journals including Management Science, Journal of Management Studies, and Journal of International Management, Journal of Product and Innovation Management, Technovation, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Technology Analysis and Strategic Management, Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, Journal of Business Research. He is a native of India, he currently lives in Hancock with his wife Smita and two sons Ajitesh and Aditya and before coming to Michigan Tech he taught Strategic Management at Virginia Tech.
- Strategic Management
- International Management
- Technology Management
- Interfirm alliances and networks
- Technological innovations
- Semiconductor and Nanotechnology industries
- Srivastava, M. K. & Gnyawali, D. R. (2011). "When Do Relational Resources Matter? Leveraging Portfolio Technological Resources for Breakthrough Innovation," Academy of Management Journal. 54(4):797-810.
- Gnyawali, D. R. & Srivastava, M. K., (2013) “Complementary Effects of Clusters and Networks on Firm Innovation: A Conceptual Model”. Journal of Engineering and Technology Management 30(1):1-20.
- Park, B.J., Srivastava, M.K. & Gnyawali, D.R. (2014) “Walking the Tight Rope of Coopetition: Impact of Competition and Cooperation Intensities and Balance on Firm Innovation Performance” Industrial Marketing Management 43(2):210-221
- Park, B.J., Srivastava, M.K. & Gnyawali, D.R. (2014) “Impact of Coopetition in the Alliance Portfolio and Coopetition Experience on Firm Innovation” Technology Analysis & Strategic Management (Published Online April 30, 2014, DOI: 10.1080/09537325.2014.913016)
- Srivastava, M.K. & Laplume, A.O. (2014) “Matching Technology Strategy with Knowledge Structure: Impact on Firm's Tobin's Q in the Semiconductor Industry” Journal of Engineering and Technology Management (Forthcoming)
- Laplume, A.O. & Srivastava, M.K. (2014) “Firm Newness, Product Novelty and Aesthetic Failure” Management Decision (Forthcoming)
- Srivastava, M. K., Gnyawali, D. R., Tallman, S. (2010). "Differential Impact of Alliance and Cluster Technological Resources on Breakthrough Innovation," Academy of Management Proceedings
- Srivastava, M.K. & Laplume, A.O. (2013) “Matching Technology Strategy with Knowledge Structure: Implications for Firm Performance. Academy of Management Proceedings