James and Dolores Trethewey Professor, School of Business and Economics
Director of APMP
Assistant Dean, School of Business and Economics
- PhD in Finance, University of Wisconsin - Madison
Dr. Johnson is the Founding Director of the Applied Portfolio Management Program. This unique class allows students to manage over $1 million in the financial markets. Three times this program has won the international investment competition at the R.I.S.E. Conference. In recognition of their success, Dr. Johnson and his students opened the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, featured on national television and in Business Week.
Dr. Johnson has twice been awarded the MTU Distinguished Teaching Award, the SBE Outstanding Teaching Award, the SBE Innovative Teaching Award, and has been nominated for the MTU Innovative Teaching Award and the U.S. Professor of the Year Award.
- Applied Portfolio Management
- Derivative Securities
- Asset Pricing
- Portfolio Management
- Pickens, J. B., Johnson, D. L., Orr, B. D., Reed, D. D., Webster, C. E., Schmierer, J. M. (2009) "Expected rates of value growth for individual sugar maple crop trees in the great lakes region: A reply to John E. Wagner’s comment," Northern Journal of Applied Forestry (vol. 26, # 4, pp. 145-147) . Bethesda, MD:.
- Qi, H., Johnson, D. L., Liu, S. "A Model for Risky Cash Flows and Tax Shields," Journal of Economics and Finance.
- Johnson, D. L., Qi, H. (2008). "WACC Misunderstandings," (1st ed., vol. 6, pp. 32-40). Journal of the Academy of Finance.
- Johnson, D. L., Qi, H. (2008). Krueger, T. M. (Ed.), WACC Misunderstandings Chicago: 2008 Academy of Finance Conference Proceedings.
- Johnson, D. L., Qi, H. Is a Project's Initial Investment Risk Free? A Decision Tree Paradox Las Vegas, Neveda: International Conference of the Global Business Development Institute.