Effective Date: 2/26/2016
SEC. 12.1 SHORT TITLE
This ordinance shall be known and cited as the traffic ordinance.
SEC. 12.2 RULES AND REGULATIONS
The various sections of this ordinance shall also be deemed to be rules and regulations of the Board of Trustees of Michigan Technological University within the meaning of Public Act 80 of 1905 as amended.
SEC. 12.3 OTHER APPLICABLE LAWS
Nothing contained in this ordinance is intended to limit the power of any governmental unit or law-enforcement agency to enforce on Michigan Technological University property any laws, ordinances, or regulations which otherwise would be enforceable on such property.
SEC. 12.4 EFFECT OF ORDINANCE, SEVERABILITY
If any part or parts of this ordinance are for any reason held to be invalid or unconstitutional, such decision shall not affect the validity or constitutionality of the remaining portions of this ordinance. The Michigan Technological University Board of Trustees does hereby declare that it would have passed this ordinance and each part or parts thereof, irrespective of the fact that any one part or parts be declared invalid or unconstitutional.
SEC 12.5 POWERS OF PRESIDENT TO ASSIGN AUTHORITY
Any power granted by the Board of Trustees in this ordinance to any University officer or employee may be assigned by the President of the University to any other officer or employee of the University, but with notice to the Board of Trustees required.
- Chapter 01—Words and Phrases Defined
- Chapter 02—Traffic Administration and Authority
- Chapter 03—Traffic
- Chapter 04—Vehicular Noise
- Chapter 05—Parking
- Chapter 06—Pedestrians' Rights and Duties
- Chapter 07—Obedience to Traffic Regulations
- Chapter 08—Accidents - Traffic
- Chapter 09—Littering and Defacing Property
- Chapter 10—General Administration
- Chapter 11—Penalties and Procedure on Violations
- Chapter 12—Miscellaneous
- Chapter 13—Effective Date of Ordinance