Cost of Attendance
At Michigan Tech, we want you to spend your time creating the future—not filling out piles of paperwork to finance your education. That’s why your application for admission automatically qualifies you for most merit-based scholarships (apply for admission by January 15). Applying is free, so you would be crazy not to see what scholarships you qualify for.
Use our net-price calculator to see what merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid you may qualify for at Michigan Tech.
Over 95 percent of our students receive financial aid totaling nearly $96 million annually. On average, Michigan Tech meets nearly 80 percent of student's financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
If you’re serious about your education, we’re serious about helping you reach your goals.
|Lab and Course Fees (estimated)||484||484|
|Room and Board5||9,516||9,516|
|Books and Supplies (estimated)||1,200||1,200|
|Personal Needs and Travel (estimated)||1,740||1,740|
|Loan Origination Fee6||76||76|
1. Students taking 12-18 credits per semester are charged the "plateau rate" listed above.
2. Students taking less than 12 credits will be charged on a per credit basis (resident: $520, non-resident: $1,082). This per credit price also applies to any credit taken over 18 credits.
3. Students attending over summer semesters will be charged on a per credit rate of $467 (residents) or $973 (non-residents)
4. Required fees include Fall and Spring Activity Fee ($60.00) and Fall and Spring Experience Tech Fee ($90.00).
5. Room and board rates vary, depending on meal plan and residence hall assignment.
6. The loan origination fees estimated above are only charged to those students receiving federal student loans.
7. An additional $150-$900 differential tuition charge will be assessed for each semester to students who have earned 60 or more credits and are enrolled for 6 or more credits for the semester. The differential tuition website will help you determine which fee you will have to pay. Students who have 60 or more credits who are taking fewer than 6 credits during the semester will be assessed a $75-$450 differential tuition charge.
8. Tuition, fees, and room and board are payable each semester.
*International students will be assessed a $200 per semester surcharge (excluding summer semester).