Tech360 Scholarship Program
Designed to offer extraordinary academic, financial, and peer support, the Tech360 Scholarship Program provides 360 degrees of guidance, encouragement, and reinforcement for students from underserved populations.
In addition to financial support, students will be enrolled in our ExSEL Program (Excelling the Student Experience of Learning), designed to promote student success.
Award Value: Twelve to fifteen students will be awarded a $5,000 annual scholarship in additional to other Michigan Tech merit-based aid they may qualify for. Need-based aid is also available for qualifying students.
The essay question: Provide a response to the following essay question. You may submit a written response (about 300 words), or upload a video response (maximum of three minutes) of you personally addressing the essay topic.
Michael Jordan has said, “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” Share with us an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you and what lessons did you learn? How will you apply those lessons toward succeeding at Michigan Tech?
Register For Our Tech360 Event
Tech360 Scholarship Visit
We hope you’ll join us November 15–16 to . . .
- Tour our beautiful campus in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
- Hear from multicultural students about why they chose Michigan Tech
- Learn about Tech360 and other ways to finance your education
- Explore the ExSEL Program for academic support, mentoring, and programming
- Chat with current students, faculty, and staff at lunch and dinner
- Meet with an academic advisor for the major you’re most interested in
Travel funding is available—see the registration form for details.
Who Should Apply
High school seniors from the following schools, districts, and partnerships are encouraged to apply for Tech360. Students must enroll at Michigan Tech in the fall following high school graduation.
- Beecher High School (Flint, MI)
- Belleville High School (MI)
- College Decision Day participants (Detroit, MI)
- Detroit EAA Public Schools (MI)
- Detroit Public Schools (MI)
- Jackson Public Schools (MI)
- Kalamazoo Public Schools (MI)
- Northwestern High School (Flint, MI)
- Southwestern Academy (Flint, MI)
- Booker T. Washington High School (Houston, TX)
- Chicago Public Selective Enrollment High Schools (IL)
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School (MN)
- Don Bosco Technical High School (Rosemead, CA)
- Hmong College Prep Academy (MN)
- McKinley Technology High School (Washington, DC)
- Noble Street Charter High Schools (Chicago, IL)
- Northwestern High School (Hyattsville, MD)
- Rufus King International School (Milwaukee, WI)
- St. Joan Antida (Milwaukee, WI)
Application Deadline and Other Important Dates
- December 20: Tech360 Scholarship applications are due by 11:59 p.m. (eastern time). You must also have an application for admission on file by this date.
- January 10: Award recipients and applicants are notified
What We Are Looking For
The scholarship committee is interested in getting to know you. Students will be evaluated not only on the experience shared through the essay response, but in how the information in conveyed.
- Don't think about the answer we’re looking for--think about what you want to share with us.
- We want to get to know more about you, hear how you’ve learned from your past, and find out how you plan to use those lessons to succeed at Michigan Tech.
- If you plan to write your essay, we strongly encourage you use Word or a similar program that allows you to copy and paste into the online application system. At this time, our application system does not allow you to save your work to complete it at a later date.
- If you decide to submit a video response for your essay, feel free to use the video function from a smart phone or tablet, digital video camera, or other device.
- With these suggestions in mind, ensure that your essay is well written, free of errors, follows the instructions, and is submitted on time. The application system will close at 11:59 p.m. (eastern time) on December 20--late submissions will not be accepted.
Additional Scholarship Details
See our Financial Aid Tech360 page for additional details.
For more information, contact Colleen Erva, Associate Director of Financial Aid at email@example.com or 888-688-1885.