A scientific spin on a practical degree.
The fitness industry is big business—but it’s also a science. Get a firm grounding in both at Michigan Tech.
Sports and fitness management combines both the business of sports/fitness and the science of human movement, physiology, and science. Advance your education in a graduate program or enter the industry ready to help people maintain a healthy lifestyle and achieve personal wellness goals, manage fitness programs or facilities, coach athletes, or promote sporting events or teams.
Be certified as a personal trainer by the American College of Sports Medicine or National Strength and Conditioning Association. Earn coaching certification. Intern (all students do), and be a research assistant (our faculty receives major funding from organizations like the National Institutes of Health).
Crazy Smart Experiences:
- Using state-of-the-art equipment and technology for lab assignments, research, and projects
- Completing a diverse coursework in areas such as kinesiology, accounting, management, marketing, biology, chemistry, and more
- Participating in an internship to gain more practical experience in a clinical, community health, or sports setting
- Conducting undergraduate research on sleep deprivation and neurovascular control in humans
- Using state-of-the-art equipment in our new exercise science teaching lab, exercise physiology research lab, and motor control research lab.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Personal Training
- Athletic Team Coaching
- Sports Marketing
- Recreation Administration
- Strength and Conditioning Coaching
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Sports teams
- High schools and universities
Customize your degree with:
Minors available in
- Coaching fundamentals
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take courses like:
- Sports Administration
- Facilities and Event Management
- Personal Training
- Strength and Conditioning
- Sports and Fitness Promotion