The Law and Society concentration at Michigan Tech trains you to analyze the legal, political, and economic aspects of societal issues and use evidence-based arguments to develop your own positions. You develop analytical communications skills that prepare you for a wide spectrum of potential careers in public, private, and social sectors. You'll be ready for jobs in government, business, or non-profit fields—and have a strong foundation for law school or graduate school. You'll earn a BS in social sciences with a concentration in law and society.
Get hands-on experience like:
- Spend a summer interning at the US Department of Commerce International Trade Administration in Washington, DC.
- Become a published author on net neutrality laws.
- Participate in a competitive mock trial program. Two teams present all aspects of a regular trial, including opening statements, direct and cross-examinations, and closing arguments.
- Study comparative health systems in Amsterdam.
- Travel to law schools around the country with the Law Club.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Intelligence Analysis
- Social Work
- Public Policy Analysis
Take Courses Like:
- Constitutional Law
- Comparative Politics
- Environmental Policy and Politics
- Cyber-Law and Policy
- History of Social Thought