Exercise science gives you skills to empower others to restore physiological health or promote wellness. You’ll receive a strong scientific basis for disease and injury prevention and will be well prepared for allied health careers in areas such as fitness, nutritional or athletic coaching, physical therapy and rehabilitation, or treating and preventing disease through traditional or alternative medicine.Customize your degree with
Minors available in
- Coaching Fundamentals.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Exercise Physiology
- Biomechanics of Human Movement
- Motor Learning and Control
- Sports Psychology
- Participating in an internship to gain more practical experience in a field of interest
- Conducting undergraduate research on sleep deprivation and neurovascular control in humans
- Preparing to go on to medical or physical therapy school, where our acceptance rate for medical and physical therapy school is over 90 percent for each field.
- Using state-of-the-art equipment in our new exercise science teaching lab, exercise physiology research lab, and motor control research lab.
- Physical Therapist
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Athletic Team Coach
- Occupational Therapist
- Athletic Trainer
- Cardiac rehabilitation facilities
- Athletic teams
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Graduate school