You see the field of chemistry as more than just formulas and experiments. Cheminformatics at Michigan Tech allows you to be a leader in this expanding field, merging chemistry and information technology. You’ll learn about computational modeling of individual molecules, methods of predicting biological activity of hypothetical compounds, and the organization and classification of chemical information. In fact, Michigan Tech is the only school in the US to offer this modern, technological twist on the standard science of chemistry. How crazy is that?
What You Need to Know About This Program
- You’ll use the state-of-the art studio laboratory for your first-year chemistry course.
- Undergraduate research is strongly encouraged; most students participate in either undergraduate research or a co-op experience in a company (or both).
- You can get free help on your assignments or work for the Chemistry Learning Center.
- Small class sizes and a 6:1 student-to-faculty ratio means you’ll spend more time working one-on-one with professors.
- You’ll have the opportunity to attend national meetings like the American Chemical Society annual meeting.
Our students are heavily recruited by industry, graduate schools, and medical schools. But no matter what, chemistry—as the central science of this program—is an excellent preparation for a wide range of careers and graduate studies, giving you flexibility no matter where you allow your cheminformatics degree to take you.