Careers and Placement
Michigan Tech students aren’t just smart—they’re prepared. And graduating from one of the nation’s top technological universities opens a lot of doors. Where you earn your degree really does make a difference.
- Michigan Tech graduates have the tenth-highest starting salaries in the country among public universities, according to payscale.com.
- Close to 400 business, corporations, and organizations travel to campus each year from around the world seeking Michigan Tech students from all academic disciplines.
- Our placement rate for undergraduates is 92% (employed within their field of study, enlisted in the military, or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation). Check out our graduates’ average starting salaries.
- The average salary for students in co-op positions is over $18.20 per hour.
- You’ll have access to a database of over 4,000 employers—many of whom search you out through HuskyJOBS, our online résumé service.
- Each Tech student averages seven job interviews.
At Michigan Tech, you’re not alone when it comes to looking for co-ops, internships, or full-time jobs. Our Career Services office is here to help you every step of the way with services such as . . .
- Résumé review, mock interviews, and etiquette dinners—because it wouldn’t be smart to use the wrong fork during the salad course at an on-site interview.
- Career planning services and workshops
- Two career fairs each year (fall and spring) that bring close to 400 employers to campus
- Assistance researching co-ops, internships, and full-time jobs
- Career guidance using MyPlan—a free tool to help you choose the career that’s right for you. Curious? Go ahead and try it!