The Senate is the representative body for its constituents and speaks on their behalf on matters under the Senate's jurisdiction. The Senate shall establish, review, and recommend policy and procedures on matters under its jurisdiction. The Senate also is the principal forum for discussion of any matters of interest to the University community (Constitution, Art. III).
Elected by faculty and staff.
Committees of the University Senate
- Academic and Instructional Policy Committee
- Administrative Policy Committee
- Curricular Policy Committee
- Elections Committee
- Finance and Institutional Planning Committee
- Fringe Benefits Committee
- General Education and Assessment Committee
- Information Technology Committee
- Professional Staff Policy Committee
- Research Policy Committee