Chief Student Affairs Officer
The President's Council on Health, Wellness, and Mindfulness is charged with reviewing programs and education, assessment, policy, and reporting requirements for Student Health and Wellness programming. Focusing on health and wellness initiatives, The Student Health and Wellness Advisory Council will provide feedback on past and future programs to building a student-driven, prevention conscious culture at Michigan Tech.
Goals for the President's Council on Health, Wellness, and Mindfulness for 2019-2020:
- Update Alcohol and Other Drug Programs and educational elements.
- Work with the JED Campus Committee to improve and strengthen Mental Health Programming and Needs.
- Educate on the importance of Nutritional and Physical Activity, identifying needs and barriers on campus.
- Educate on Sexual Health and Healthy relationships.
- Have a Member of the Student Health and Wellness Advisory Council attend meetings and give suggestions to the PCHWM on future initiatives.
- Meet two times each semester.
Faculty, staff, student, and community representatives.
- Whitney Boroski (Chair), Manager, Student Health and Wellness
- Anne Beffell, Professor, Visual and Performing Arts
- Amber Bennett, Director, Counseling Services
- Sean Brown, Residence Life Coordinator, Residence Education and Housing Services
- Adison Cook, HOSA
- Vesper Dobbs, ACC
- Rhys Edwards, Director, NCAA Compliance and Student-Athlete Services
- Ann Hoover, Manager, Fitness and Aquatics
- Rachel Jones, Assistant Director, Residence Education and Housing Services
- Joan Kero, Fitness Instructor and Educator
- Susan Liebau, Assistant Dean of Students and Director, Wahtera Center
- Angela Luskin, Community Health Coordinator, Portage Health
- MedLife at Michigan Tech, Registered Student Organization
- Brigitte Morin, Lecturer, Biological Sciences
- Jill Patterson, Manager, Dining Services
- Pre-Health Association at Michigan Tech, Registered Student Organization
- Beth Ryynanen, Yoga Instructor