Considers appeals of negative recommendations on tenure, promotion, or reappointment
of tenure-track faculty, and negative recommendations on promotion of tenured faculty
on the grounds provided in Board of Trustees Policy 6.4.
In case of any question in the interpretation of the Board's Tenure and Promotion Policy (Board Policy 6.4), or in the Tenure, Promotion, and Reappointment Procedures (Appendix I of the Tenured/Tenure Track Faculty Handbook), or in the solution of any tenure problem arising from a situation not specifically covered in that policy or in these procedures, the matter shall be referred to this committee.
With regard to Dismissal for Cause, upon the written request of the faculty member concerned, or of the University President, the committee shall conduct a hearing of the case and make suitable recommendations as defined in Board of Trustees Policy 16.4. Academic Tenure and Promotion.
Two tenured faculty appointed by the President; three tenured faculty elected by the tenured and tenure-track faculty.
Members and Term Expiration Dates:
- Sam Sweitz (Senate), Committee Chair, Social Sciences, 12/31/2020
- Carlos Amador (Senate), Humanities, 12/31/2021
- Barbara Dai (President), Civil and Environmental Engineering, 12/31/2021
- David J. Flaspohler (President), College of Forest Resources & Environmental Science, 12/31/2022
- Stefka Hristova (Senate), Humanities, 12/31/2020