Considers appeals of negative recommendations on tenure, promotion, or reappointment
of tenure-track faculty, and negative recommendations on promotion of tenured faculty
on the grounds provided in Board of Trustees Policy 6.4.
In case of any question in the interpretation of the Board's Tenure and Promotion Policy (Board Policy 6.4), or in the Tenure, Promotion, and Reappointment Procedures (Appendix I of the Tenured/Tenure Track Faculty Handbook), or in the solution of any tenure problem arising from a situation not specifically covered in that policy or in these procedures, the matter shall be referred to this committee.
With regard to Dismissal for Cause, upon the written request of the faculty member concerned, or of the University President, the committee shall conduct a hearing of the case and make suitable recommendations as defined in Board of Trustees Policy 6.4. Academic Tenure and Promotion.
Two tenured faculty appointed by the President; three tenured faculty elected by the tenured and tenure-track faculty.
Members and Term Expiration Dates:
- Molly Cavaleri (President), College of Forest Resources & Environmental Science, 12/31/2024
- Barbara Dai (President), Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geospatial Engineering, 12/31/2023
- Robert Hutchinson (Senate), College of Business, 12/31/2023
- Jingfeng Jiang (Senate), Department of Biomedical Engineering, 12/31/2023
- Sunil Mehendale (Senate), Department of Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Technology, 12/31/2023