Join the Cyber Husky Team for in-depth cybersecurity training and cyber competitions, coached by Michigan Tech faculty and students. Free to all participants.
Canvas page with learning materials:
• Cyber Husky Team 2023 on Canvas
Training time and location:
• Fall / Spring: Regular weekly meetings at 7pm - 8:30pm every Saturday night at Rekhi 117, Michigan Tech.
• Summer: CyberPatriot summer camp during the week of July 31 to August 4, 2023, at Rekhi 117, Michigan Tech.
• Linux, Windows, Networking, Cybersecurity, Coding, Hacking, and other fun cybersecurity topics
• In-depth training for cyber competitions such as National CyberPatriot (Nov. - Dec.), Michigan Governor's Cyber Challenge (Sept. - Oct.), and National Cyber League (Fall and Spring).
• Local middle school and high school students (Houghton, MI and surrounding areas) who have taken computer courses, coding courses, or are in AP CS courses.
For questions, contact Prof. Cai: firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards & Honors & Events
1. CyberHusky Teams Place #17 in the National Cyber League (NCL) Competition Spring
CyberHusky, a team comprising local middle and high school students (mainly Houghton High School), made their debut in the National Cyber League (NCL) by competing in the NCL's 2023 spring event, where they achieved an impressive national ranking of #17.
Read more here.
2. CyberHusky Teams Achieved Top Ten Rankings in Two Michigan Cybersecurity Competitions
The CyberHusky1 team from Houghton High School ranked #7 in the state of Michigan (Platinum tier, Open Division) during the 2022 national CyberPatriot Competition. The CyberHusky2 team ranked #7 in Michigan's Gold tier, open division.
The CyberHusky team took part in the 2022 Michigan Governor's High School Cyber Challenge (GHSCC), securing a spot in the top ten. Furthermore, four other CyberHusky teams achieved commendable rankings, placing among the top 100 teams in the competition.
Read more here
3. The “Space Dinosaurs” team from Houghton Middle School captured the1st place of the Michigan Middle School Award in the 2021 national CyberPatriot Competition. Read more here.
The CyberPatriot is the nation’s largest cyber defense competition that puts high school and middle school students in charge of securing virtual networks. It was created by the Air Force Association (AFA) to inspire K-12 students toward careers in cybersecurity or other science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines critical to our nation’s future. In the 2021 competition, there were 5,254 registered teams, representing nearly 21,000 students and 2,000 adult coaches from all 50 U.S. states.
4. The “Angles” team from Houghton High School Ranked Top Ten in the 2021 Governor’s High School Cyber Challenge (GHSCC), a state of Michigan-level cybersecurity competition for high school students.Read more here.
The GHSCC aims to expose K-12 students to cybersecurity at no cost to the students or schools. Students participate in various challenges that test their knowledge of cybersecurity, computer science, and information technology through two rounds of competitions. The competition included more than 600 student participants across the state of Michigan in 2021.
5. CyberPatriot Summer Camp: July 25 - 29, 2022 at Michigan Tech